Chapter 57

As expected Sarada was no match for Whis. In less then thirty minutes Sarada was taken down with the simple chop to the neck. Bulma was dealt the same fate and the two woke up in the grass together. Whis was standing nearby and casually greeted them as they sat up in slight confusion. Confusion turned to realization which turned to determination. Sarada was on her feet in an instant ready to go again. She would land a hit this time. Hopefully. She'll try her hardest.

"My neck" Bulma groaned as she stood. She had a hand on her neck as she slowly rolled her head in an effort to relieve the pain. It was a slight ache that seriously irritated her. Neck pain was the worse. How was Sarada not in the same state? She suffered the same attack. It most likely had to do with the adrenalin her excitement brought. It's either that or the pain was nothing to the younger saiyan. The latter seemed very possible as well.

Sarada opened her mouth to challenge Whis again when she saw familiar objects on the ground. She frowned as she looked from them to Whis and back.

"No more fighting?"

Whis smiled and nodded

"We need to lift those, don't we? "

Another nod and Sarada sighed.

Bulma eyed them suspiciously. She did not expect simple lifting training. She was the first before a pair of the things, bending down to slip her arms into them. She let out a slow breath as she steadied herself and pulled up. Surprise was soon on her face as the thing didn't even budge. It was heavier than she had expected and no matter how hard she tried she could not pull it up. How was she supposed to lift the things without breaking her back? How? Whis needed to explain this because she calculated the angle at which her back would be if she were to lift this and was sure the weight of the objects would cause disasters. No way in hell could she lift them and not break her spine.

Next to her Sarada was struggling with the weights as well. She was hoping beyond hope that Whis did not do what he had done to Vegeta and Kakarot. She did not think she and Bulma would make it. From the way he was smiling as he watched their struggle she was beginning to lose her hope. With renewed determination she gathered all her strenght and silently prayed for her back. This was a terrible exercise. She could hear her teeth grind against each other as she pulled with every ounce of strenght she had until finally, finally she lifted it. It was mere inches, but she did it. Her joy would not be dampended by the incredible strain she felt on her back. It would hurt soon. It would hurt terribly.

"Very good Sarada" Whis complemented before his eyes traveled to Bulma. "I would advise you to follow your lover's example Bulma"

"I'm trying" She really was. "What's the point of this? I swear I'll break my back"

"Come now, I'm sure you'll survive" Whis said calmly. "Maybe I should employ punishment if you do not succeed"

Bulma groaned at those words and tried to find any hidden strenght she had left. She did not want to know what type of punishment Whis could deal.

"You can do it Bulma" Sarada encouraged even as she struggled to keep the things up. It was sure to cut off her blood flow soon.

Whis seemed very entertained as he watched Bulma struggle. It took her around five minutes to finally lift her own weights. Her laugh of victory was strained as she too struggled to hold them up.

"Very good. Very good" Whis clapped. "Now you must make an entire lap around this planet while carrying those weights"

"Damn it" Sarada was hoping he didn't say that. She really was. She also hoped he did not start deleting the ground beneath their feet. She was not prepared for that.