Old Times

Azriel marched to get Luna. 

He pitied her honestly. Cauldron knows what she went through. He still didn't forget what she said about her wings and his hands. 

He would find himself watching her when no one else was or trying to soothe her without even realizing his shadows moved over to her. 

He couldn't stop thinking of her wings.

He marched to her and stepped in between her and a male, who quickly paled and ran off. 

Luna rolled her eyes at Az. He remained cool.

"Let's go." Az demanded.

"I think I'd rather dance! I mean I was already until you scared him off!" She yelled trying to raise her voice above the music.

Azriel scanned the room, making sure there was no threat before putting all his attention onto her.

" Lets. Go." Az said through gritted teeth.

"Ok... You'll just have to catch me!" Luna said, grabbing a shot from someone nearby and running through the crowded club.

Az snarled and went after her. 

Every time his hand was a hair away from her, she winnowed to another part of the room and landed sloppily.

After three winnows around the room, he caught her arm and tugged her hard enough that she stumbled into his chest.

Luna froze and looked up at him. She was met with a hard stare. Then she giggled.

She was giggling while she looked at a face Azriel made that usually made people start to sweat.

Az couldn't believe it. He snarled again. She giggled even more and swept a hair out of his eyes.

He froze and looked into her eyes. And cauldron boil him, he was chuckling too.

She stepped in closer to him and began sweeping her thumbs over his brows. She traced the bridge of his nose and the bow of his lip. 

Az felt light-headed. He inched closer. He only realized what he was doing when he snapped out of this trance when he caught an arrow mere centimeters away from luna's face. He whirled to see who had done.  Somme hooded figure across the room began to grab another arrow.

-----

Xia wouldn't run. She would die trying to do this. She was never the first to walk away. Maybe it made her stupid. 

She already had another arrow pointed to Luna who was clearly drunk. She hesitated. She didn't want to kill her now. It wouldn't count if she was at a disadvantage. She couldn't hit an essential organ. She just had to demobilize her.

But then the world shifted beneath her feet. Time and space slowed and she began to lose oxygen. 

One moment the room was dim, filled with sweaty bodies, and then...

A living room. Warm light filled the room. She was standing on an orange rug as she surveyed the room. 

Couches of deep red and oranges surrounding parlor tables with drinks on it. 

A blonde female was standing to her right, a scowl on her face. To her left, before her, a short raven-haired female lay on a couch, drink in hand, looking bored. 

"Why did you attempt to harm a member of my court?" The High Lord on the Night Court said, his face hard.

Xia hated herself for it but, her legs trembled a little.