Scars

(Don't know who made the art sry)

Luna remembered her training. When she got anxious Vanyr, her instructor, would tell her to focus on her breaths. 

Breathe through your nose and hold it. Now out through your mouth. 

Rhys was relaxed in his chair as if they'd never spoken. She couldn't hear what the HighLords were discussing. Elain was in the manner but no one seemed to know but Luna. And Azriel was with her, she supposed.

But Tamlin? Where was he? 

"Is it agreed then?"  Tarquin asked.

They all turned to look at her. 

Shit. What were they saying? Luna thought.

Theson cleared his throat and clarified,

"Do you agree to live in the Night Court until further notice as we investigate how legitimate your claim of allyship from Hybern is?" 

Would she respect their wishes? Probably not. But if it got her out of this stupid meeting? Then hell yeah, she'll agree.

"Yes, I do."

"Great! Now I can leave this beautiful court and be done with this!" Helion said dryly as he winked, then winnowed out.

One by one the Highlords vanished until Beron and Eris were the last two with them.

"I will find out what you're doing here, girl." Beron seethes before walking out.

Rhys simply rolled his eyes.

Eris nodded only at Luna and walked out.

Rhys grabbed her arm immediately and winnowed back to the Night Court.

"What the hell?" Rhysand seethed.

Luna remained silent.

"How did Eris know that The Queen wanted you caught? I was blindsided in there and you let me be!" Rhys paced back and forth.

"We need to know why your Queen wanted you caught, Luna. I won't put my family in danger because of your pettiness." Feyre said firmly.

My family. Well, that was a slap in the face.

 One she deserved, she guessed.

Luna was too tired for some witty remark. So she said,

"I don't know. I thought I was... Perhaps she didn't really want the shadowsinger. Maybe she just wanted to get rid of me. I don't know how to help you because now I don't know why she wanted me here." 

"Like you're trying so hard to be helpful." Cassian murmured in the corner of the room. 

"Oh come on! I had no idea!" Luna yelled as she looked at everyone. Nesta wasn't there anymore. She probably winnowed away to get away from all of this. 

"Gods I wish I could winnow!" Luna cried out loud.

"That's another thing! You don't tell me what happened to your magic! You don't really tell me why you stayed in Hybern! You-" Rhys was in her face now. But Luna cut him off.

"Because I don't trust you!" 

Everyone was silent. They were all behind him. Amren, Feyre and Cassian.

"You. Don't. Trust. Me?" Rhys said so slowly it made Luna's skin crawl. His eyes narrowed and he took a step closer.

So did she.