My prized heart

(I don't know who made this art sry)

The High Lord of the Spring Court and his three sons where there. They were tall and had broad shoulders. All had blonde hair. Only one had his at his shoulders. It happened too quickly. One moment, she and her mother were walking in the dense mountains. Thick and tall pine trees were covered in blankets of snow. 

Her mother had placed herself in front of her. A shield to buy her time. She needed to run. But her feet stayed planted. She yelled and pleaded as her mother's head thudded on the snow. Her body buckling down a second later. The red seeped into the white, spreading further and further.

Loud roars erupted from the small girl's body.  She reached for her body and tears rolled onto her mother's clothes. The world had slowed. The cold was the only thing she felt. The red slush was tacky against her skin as she scooped it. It would not glue her mother back. She could not fix her.

She was being pulled by her hair. She closed her eyes and begged. Begged any god that were listening to help her. No gods had helped her. But someone else did.

-------

The meeting with the high lords was starting in a few hours. Azriel wanted to see how Luna adjusted before taking her with him.

Azriel stopped in front of her. A muscle in his jaw ticked. Then all of the sudden he felt a knife  pierced into his abdomen. He inched closer to her. If he was in pain, he didn't show it. He towered over her as he bent his head down to meet her gaze. For a few seconds, they both just stared. Their breathing was the only sound filling the room. His breath fanned her face and he hoarsely said,

"You shouldn't have done that."

He flipped her over and pinned her down. The knife was still in his abdomen. She was frozen in place. She didn't bother to struggle or to hide her shock. He was massive over her and way stronger. A true opponent. 

His hands gripped her wrists and his knee was in between her legs while the other was near her waist. His back muscles shifted as he lowered himself.

"I'm going to kill you if you do that again." He whispered, his eyes blazing into hers.

Maybe she was brave or just plain stupid. But she lifted her head. Her neck strained and she smiled and quickly broke out of his grip and snatched the knife out of his abdomen. She shot to her feet expecting him to be on the floor. 

But he was behind her. He pushed her into the middle of the living room. She whipped around and banged on the invisible force that kept her in. And he stepped out.

----

Azriel should've just left there and then. He was already cursing himself for entering her "cell" but she began to speak,

"I can't be kept here forever. I am not my  brother's property!" She said angrily.

"No you're not. But you still need to be questioned. And don't you want you to speak to him? Or do you forget that he is your brother."

Her gaze went to his hands.

"Do you think your hands are hideous?" She asked

"No. I- I like the scars." He didn't know why he answered or asked,

"Why? Don't you think they're hideous?" He didn't care about her answer but yet his heart sped a little.

"No."

Silence fell. Then he began to walk away. He would get her after. Or maybe make Cass do it.

She spoke only when he was almost out the door,

"My wings look like your hands." 

He stilled. His shadows grew dark. You did not touch an illyrian's wings. Never. Some primal part of him wanted to hunt down who ever did it and shred them apart. Most likely because as an illyrian himself, he understood the violation. The door handle cracked under his gripped. 

"I'm sorry." He gritted  out. He needed to cool off and get out of there. Or he would ask who it was and find them.  

"Me too."

He turned to her. 

Warmth, a warmth that he didn't show often, flickered.

-------

The Kings of all Kings. 

He feeds on your soul and makes you watch.

He'll wear your heart as a prize.

Never wish him on your worst enemy.

The King of the demon realm. 

He heard her cries. 

He felt her power.

 He saw a new weapon.

The King of Kings smiled, blood dripping down his chin as he vanished into mist,

and landed in the mountains of the Night Court.

Author's Note:

Hey guys :))) Sorry this chapter is short but the next one I'm working on a lot cuz crazy shit happens lmao. Anyways I'll just say a lot of stuff goes down. Thanks for reading:)))) Also I'm so sorry I don't know who made this art. 

-S