Chapter 45

AMANDA'S POV

" We're home ! Y'all take your shoes off, I just got my floor polished ." we heard Ms Taylor say after coming through the door, we all jumped up and went to greet her and everyone by the door. That's a lot of people ! I thought while looking at the crowd before us.

" MOMMA D  ! "  Ken yelled causing everyone's heads to turn and look at us, dang Kenneth !

" Oh Ken ! My sweet baby, why are you so skinny ? Is De'arra not feeding you ? If so you gotta tell me so I can whoop her behind ." Ms Taylor said after pulling back from their embrace making everyone laugh.

" Mom he's not skinny, feeding this man is my daily job ! Move nigga I want to hug my mom. " De'arra said pushing Ken away from her mother.

" That's true Ms Taylor, every time I visit their house , I always find Ken eating like a pig." Keisha said nudging Ken playfully.

" Keisha ! Amanda ! Why are you two just standing there ? Come get some sugar  babies."  Ms Taylor said with her arms wide open for me and Keisha and we gladly went into her warm arms .

" Oh Lord Amanda , you're about to pop anytime soon. " Ms Taylor said planting kisses all over my belly  but not before asking first.

" I'm only 5 months Ms Taylor ." I said giggling at her kisses which were tickling me.

" Only 5 ? And you swear that that's one baby ? Chile  ! " she said laughing before walking past us into her kitchen to put up the groceries, probably.

" Amanda come here ! " D waved me over to join everyone by the living room.

" Hey I want you to meet my family ! You already know Aunt Rowanda and the twins Liyah and Jordan. These are my favorite uncles, uncle  Nygel and Neo ,my late father's brothers and this is Aurora and Kennedy, my cousins.  We're missing two people but that's everyone. " De'arra said ending her introduction.

" Wow ! That's a lot of names, " I said causing everyone to laugh ,"  My name is Amanda Gaffley, I'm De'arra friend. " I said shyly waving at everyone , I hate having the spotlight on me.

" Nice to meet you Amanda , you have an amazing accent  ! I'm guessing you're from Africa ?  " one of the uncle said, it was uncle Nygel, I think  .

" Yes ! South Africa to be specific and thank you." I smiled showing one of my dimples .

" Beautiful ! " he said before sipping on his glass of whiskey and I just simply smiled not knowing what to say.

" So do you guys live with lions in Africa ? Is it your first time wearing shoes here in America? Because I heard you guys can not afford them because ' Africa is starving ' . Oh and I also heard that the population in Africa is ridiculous , people live on top of each other. " this one girl which I haven't seen said emerging from the Kitchen .

" Ciara what the hell ?!  " aunt Rowanda said scolding her .

" It's okay Aunt Rowanda, Ciara is just curious but if you must know Ms Ciara, all your sources are wrong because if they we're correct them you'd know that Lions live in the Safari, in the wild where they belong. And no ! This isn't my first time wearing shoes, Africa may not be a fully developed continent but we take care of our people . Sure not everyone is privileged but those privileged do not mind lending a hand where necessary because we believe in UBUNTU  which is humanity . Africa might be divided into multiple countries but we like to think of it as one home . " I ended with a smile on my face while looking at her.