Chapter 25: So would I

Hey guys! Holy crap my life has been a complete blizzard of absolute craziness. School, ballet, music and whatnot. Heck, If basketball could still go on, I'd be wrecked by that to. My exams got over a while back but my brain was like DED. I could not not find the determination to type like ugh. I AM SOOO SORRRYYYY, I didn't update for over a month. I promise I'll try updating faster from now on. I haven't written this chapter that great, I dunno seems kinda bleh. Armour by Landon Austin on top. This song is so good, it's way too underrated.  Anyway,

Enjoy!

Chapter 25: So would I

It's like my brain was suddenly void of all emotion. I didn't feel the slightest difference, like my mom being a drug dealer was nothing.

I just can't believe I didn't see this before. How could I have been so blind? There was nothing about her that was the sane. The last shred of humanity that I thought she had was gone. Like it was never there. How could someone as amazing as my dad, end up with someone as vile and deranged as her?

This was messed up. There was no other word for it. Luke asked the question that everyone else was too scared to ask- "Are we gonna report her?"

Leo just stared at the ground, for once not knowing what to do or say. Luke looked at me for reassurance, but I didn't know what to say either.

We just stood there, as Leo went into the kitchen. Luke and I glanced at each other. "We have to report here, don't we?" He asked. I sighed, not quite sure of what to say. "I don't know. As wrong as this is, she's still our mom. If the whole world found out that she was a drug dealer, everything would collapse. Her reputation, her money, the Hollywood industry, everything."

"Well, it's no brainer, godamn report her." Leo had come back from the kitchen with a bottle of water. I stared at him. "What?"

He opened the bottle cap and took a gulp. He put it down and folded his arms. "Ava, this woman has treated you like shit from as long as I can remember. Half the time she isn't even at home, and doesn't even bother to actually speak to you. She's a drunkard and a drug addict hooked on money."

He sighed and turned to Luke. "And if you don't turn her in, it won't matter if she's your mom or not because you would have been a part of a misdemeanor. Heck, it might be a felony that you'd be covering up because you have no idea what this woman has done."

I knew he was right. But even after everything, she was still blood, and this was not going to be easy. I looked at Luke, poor, innocent Luke. I wasn't going to let this family go to pieces. "Leo, what the heck are Luke and I gonna do, if she ends up going to jail?"

"That won't be a problem."

"Why the hell not?"

He rolled his eyes at me like I was missing out the obvious. "Me, silly."

"What?"

"I'll be your guardian till you're eighteen."

I started at him. "You're joking?" He started to laugh. "No, I'm not." Luke on the other hand, looked more relieved that I'd ever seen. "No way! That would totally be the solution to all our problems!"

Leo smiled at him and ruffled his hair. "Eh. Maybe it'll get me out of taxes." Luke rolled his eyes and grinned up at him. I, on the other hand, was not too keen on this idea. "Leo, you're still in college. Last thing you need is the burden of taking care of a kid. We could just stay with grandma or something."

He shook his head. "And have you guys move all the way to New York? No way. Our entire lives are here in L.A." I opened my mouth to argue. "No complaining Garcia. I'm not changing my mind."