Chapter 10: A food fest and stating of ages

What is up y'all!! I know it's been like two weeks since I updated, sorryyyyy. (I've been way to lazy to actually use my brain because these stupid online classes have been driving me crazy) About the song on top, I just love that trumpet kinda beat for some crazy reason lmao. 

This chapter is dedicated to @HM_EvelynJones_28 my bestie/ sister, who also happens to be my other half btw. Ily hams.

Enjoy!

Chapter 10: A food fest and stating of ages

"Why do I feel like I've been run over by a truck? And then the truck backed up, and ran over me again."

"It's because of your concussion. We told you like a million times."

"So, you're telling me, that I jumped off a cliff with Bryan, and hit my head on some stupid rocks?"

"Yep. That's pretty much it."

I groaned and slumped back into my pillows. Here I was, on a Saturday morning, lying in bed and talking to Caleb and Leah who insisted on me staying at home.

"Guys, except for a little headache, I'm fine. Can I get the hell out of here?"

"God Ava, just lie in bed, why is that so hard? You love sleeping anyway." Leah said.

"Does it look like I'm asleep Leah?"

"Then just go eat." She said in defeat.

"Now we're talking." I gladly scrambled out of bed and ran in the kitchen, which was immediately followed by a splitting headache. Ugh, I should not have run.

I opened the fridge and took out some leftover takeaway from yesterday, and plopped down on the table. I was starving. Leah and Caleb followed, and started eating right next to me. They looked like hungry rabid dogs. But that was probably nothing compared to me. I was so hungry; I could've eaten everything is the entire kitchen. That's when I got a sudden idea. Glancing at Caleb and Leah next to me, they grinned back at me, clearly having the same idea.

"FOOD FEST!" All three of us yelled at the same time, and in one instantaneous moment, all of as jumped off the counter and started running around the kitchen like Flash racing across cities.

In minutes, our arms were laden with food, all of us prying open shelves, and dumping the contents in our arms. Once we had gathered all that we could, we dumped all the contents on the table, laughing and screeching like the maniacs that we are.

We put orange juice into tiny glasses and drank them like shots. We had a challenge to see who could stretch the cheese on the pizza the longest length, and then eat it obviously. We drank pasta sauce straight out of the jar and pipped whipping cream in each other's mouths, seeing who could make the tallest pipping.

After a while, I started to feel full, and collapsed on the chair, laughing as I looked at all the stains on my shirt. Caleb and Leah plopped down right next to me, holding their stomachs.

"That. Was. Completely. Insane."

All of us whipped our heads around at the same time, to see who had spoken. The moment I saw who it was, I burst out laughing.

Jack and Sarah were standing in the kitchen doorway, both of them splattered with sauce and cheese and whatnot. Jack's mouth was just hanging open, his eyes still comprehending the mess. Sarah just stood there with her arms folded, smiling and shaking her head.

"Dang Ava, here I was thinking you'd be lying in bed, eating ice cream." Jack said.

I had to smile. "Well, I'm not."