Chapter 13: Good thing I wore my Jordans

What is up?! Nicky is backkk. It took me a shorter while to type this chapter but I still ended up publishing it late. I'm the queen of procrastination so don't blame me for my world class laziness. I hope y'all like this chapter. 

I'd like to dedicate this chapter to @_anya_precil_as a thanks for all your amazing comments! Thanks a heck lot. Anyway,

Enjoy!

Chapter 13: Good thing I wore my Jordans

"I'm coming to get you munchkin!"

"No! You can't catch me!"

He hugged me from behind and lifted me in the air. I giggled. "Aw, no fair!" He laughed. "Too bad sweetheart!"

"Do over! Do over!"

He put me down and I started running like a crazy maniac. He gave me a ten second head start and then chased after me. I started laughing. "You won't catch me this time daddy!"

"Looks like I can't munchkin, you've become so fast!"

I grinned at him proudly, with my chipped tooth smile. "Yes! I am fast!"

He put his hands on his knees, panting. "See? Even I can't catch you, how do you have so much energy?" he said, stretching his legs forward.

I put my hands on my hips and smiled at him proudly. "Too bad daddy! I won! I won!"

He took another stretch forward, with a mischievous grin on his face. Too late, before I realised what was happening. He grabbed me by my waist and put me on his shoulders. I whined. "No fair! You cheated!" He laughed.

"All is fair in love and war munchkin."

*********************

I woke up with a start. Oh no, not that dream again. I rubbed my eyes sleepily, a deep ache in my chest. It's frustrating, not to mention painful. But I had to smile at the memory. It's funny, how happy memories make us sadder and more nostalgic than happy, because your sad that it was in the past and it isn't that way anymore.

I dragged myself out of bed and into the shower, trying to forget my dream. Well, the moment the idea of the second day of school popped in my head, it wasn't hard. I had enough drama in my life, not to mention balancing my studies and filming. This year was going to be crazy. It didn't help that Bryan Lewis was now at my school, and everyone knew that we knew each other. Can't forget Jack either, the disappearing hoodie guy, now having revealed his identity. I had no clue how I was going to deal with them, but right now, I honestly wasn't going to bother.

Once I was done in the shower, I wore a simple top and jeans, now that Leah wasn't there to annoy me into wearing some fancy outfit. I walked into the kitchen and found Luke glued to his phone and Leo conked out of the kitchen table. I sighed. Boys will be boys.

I flicked Leo on the forehead, and he woke up, holding his head in his hand, wincing. "Ouch! What was that for?"

Before I could answer, a beeping noise filled the room. I noticed Leo had left something on the stove, and it was now smoking, and on fire.

"Holy fuck!" Leo cried out angrily. He looked around for a fire hydrant, but he couldn't spot it for some reason, so he pulled off his shirt, and beat at the fire, smouldering it along with his shirt. Even after the fire was out, he was still continuing to beat it up, whacking his shirt over the stove repeatedly. "Leo the fire's out! You can stop!" I yelled. But couldn't see to hear me. "Leo!" Luke and I exchanged a look, and together we grabbed Leo by his shoulders and dragged him away from the counter. That's when I noticed tears streaming down his face, and his eyes wild and angry, like a cornered animal. He sunk to the floor on his knees, holding his head in his hands. "Leo, are you okay?" Luke asked with a worried face. I glared at him. He clearly wasn't okay. I put my finger over my lips, signalling to Luke to stay quiet.