Chapter 40: The suicide mission- Part 3

HEYYY GUYSSSS! SUPER SPEEDY TWO DAY UPDATEE! I actually finished this chapter like so quick. I have a feeling y'all are gonna like this chapter. It's quite unexpected and expected at the same time. Tell me if your shocked.  Home on top, I vibe with that song like so much. Anyway,

Enjoy!

Chapter 40: The suicide mission- Part 3

The storm finally broke out, and the sky opened up in another cackle of thunder. The rain poured down on us, heavily and rapidly, as if the sky was also grieving my mother's death. I held her limp body in my hands, covered in blood. I wanted to break down right then and there, but my mind suddenly woke up, knowing I have a job to do. I felt as if my entire body was on fire and filled with rage, as I managed to stand up with my clothes soaked in my mother's blood. "RICK!" I yelled, trying to find his tall figure in the rain. I saw him trying to run, as the sirens came even closer, leaving his guards to die. I ran after him as fast as I could, my hair soaking wet and the wind in my face.

I found Rick, and I managed to get ahead of him, skidding to a stop on the street. He nearly slipped and fell, trying to suddenly stop in front of me with all his momentum. "Garcia! Don't make me shoot you too!"

That triggered something in me, I didn't even know I had. Despite the fact that Rick had a gun pointed at my head, I ran at him before he could shoot it and twisted his arm around, using a technique Britney had taught me, making him drop his gun. I used this to propel him onto the floor and I held his arm out behind his back.

Then I broke it.

Rick's blood curling scream echoed throughout the entire street, despite the loud and heavy rain. But I wasn't done yet. I wanted Rick to suffer just as much as I had. I wanted him to feel the pain that I was feeling. He had torn apart my family. He had murdered my father, and now my mother. I was not going to let him get away with it. So, I turned him around.

Then I broke his other arm.

I heard him scream again, yelling for me to get off but struggling to push me away. It's the like anger and adrenaline had suddenly given me an iron grip.

"Ava! Ava stop!" I heard Bryan yell, as he and my friends ran over to where Rick's screams were coming from. I didn't care though. I wanted to kill Rick with my bare hands. The bastard deserved to suffer. I raised my arm again but before I could hit him, somebody tightly grabbed my arm from behind. "Ava enough! We have to turn him in to the cops!" I looked behind me, ready to rip that person's face off, when I realised it was none other than Jack. Looking at the terrified expression on his face was enough to drain all the anger out of me. I had never seen him like that. My friends started to gently get Rick up, making sure he didn't try to run away.

I slowly backed off, heading back down the road near the warehouse, in shock about what I had done. I heard someone come after me, but I ignored them. "Garcia! Please talk to me!"

I sighed and stopped. I turned around and looked back, only to realise we were stuck in a trap. One of Rick's men had managed to stand up and had now aimed a rifle at Jack's head. "JACK! DUCK!"

Alarmed, he did as I told and the bullet narrowly missed him, grazing his arm. He managed to make his way over to me, and looked back at the guy in fear, clutching his grazed arm. "HOLY SHIT! Damnit that was way too close!"

The gunman, had apparently run out of bullets, but he was already refilling his gun, ready to kill the two of us. I felt like we both should run, but there was no where to go. It was a wide empty street, nothing to duck behind. Jack seemed to have come to the same conclusion and assumed the worst.

"Godammit Garcia, if I die just remember I love you." He said dramatically, scrunching his eyes closed and hugging me. I closed my eyes too, waiting for the gunshot. But it never came.