Chapter 7: I miss him.

What's up guys? Nicky here. Sorry it's been a while, it took some time to write this chapter. (Even though it's a little shorter than usual). I'm just going to let the picture above be a mystery, so keep reading.

Enjoy!

Chapter 7: I miss him.

" I swear, you're gonna regret that for the rest of your life."

" We'll see about that!"

Jack and I were chilling out at Mary's, eating pizza like there was no tomorrow. I hadn't even realized how hungry I was until I got a whiff of melting cheese and bread. I was eating so fast, I'm pretty sure I looked like a rabid, homeless person. Jack wasn't any better. He looked like he could eat for years. Damn, the film industry keeps you working hard. I had stolen a slice from Jack's pizza when he want looking, and he was trying to get me back, and he was failing at it. Miserably.

" Jack, you can give up."

" Never!"

We kept squabbling over the pizza for a couple more minutes, until Jack finally gave up. I laughed and ate the pizza right in front of him. " I hate you." He muttered. I laughed. " I hate you too."

Finally, after we both had finished an entire pizza each, along with a plate of cheesy fries and chocolate shakes, we were ready to go. We just ended up walking together on the side walk, chatting and laughing. Before, I knew it, we had reached my house where I saw Caleb outside, like he was about to go in. " Hey Ava, why so late today?"

" This idiot dragged me off for pizza." I said, rolling my eyes and pointing and Jack.

" And ' this idiot' is...?"

" Oh right. Caleb meet Jack. He's in the movie with me.

Caleb held his out a clenched hand, and Jack smiled and fist bumped him. " Nice to finally meet you. I've heard a lot about you." Jack said. Caleb raised his eyebrows questioningly. " You have?"

" Oh, hell yeah. When she showed up in your boxers, it really told us something." Jack said, laughing.

" Oh, haha! That was hilarious!" Caleb howled along with him.

Okay, now this was getting annoying. Can't they get over it already? Jack dialed down his laughter a bit and whispered to Caleb, " You guys didn't actually...?"

That's when Caleb's grin turned into a shocked expression. " Oh, god no. She's like a little sister to me. I was just messing with her."

" You're the worst brother ever Caleb." I told him.

" That's debatable."

Jack laughed at the whole situation and watched me bicker with Caleb, just standing there in the middle. I glanced at my watch to look at the time. Shit.

"All right guys I'm going, Luke's probably been alone for hours now, I told him I'd be back by eight." And then I turned around and walked into my house.

Huh. Turns out Jack might not be so bad after all. But now that he and Caleb were talking, if they wound up friends, that would be taken to the next level. I took out my keys from my pocket and unlocked the door. Strangely, none of the lights were on in house.

" Luke! I'm home! You better not be watching horror movies again!"

I walked into the kitchen to get myself a coke, when I realized Luke hadn't responded. " Luke?" I called out again. Still no response. I went into his room and he wasn't there either. Okay, what the hell?

That's when I heard him scream from the living room. " Luke?!" I sprinted down the stairs and burst into the living room, where I found Luke on the ground, his nose bleeding, and blood all over his face. My mom was standing over him, her hand raised in a bloody fist and a beer bottle in her in her other hand.

" What the actual hell?!" I yelled, my eyes wide as I ran over and kneeled down next to him. " Oh my god, Luke are you okay? Did she do this to you?" Luke couldn't even speak. He was in shock. I stood up and faced my mom.

" What the hell is wrong with you?! Are you drunk?!!"

I glanced at the beer bottle in her hand. She was definitely drunk. But she's been drunk many times before, why would she beat Luke up?

She just growled at me like a mad dog, her eyes unfocused and brimming with rage. " HOW DARE YOU RUIN MY ENTIRE CLOSET?! DO YOU HAVE ANY IDEA HOW EXPENSIVE THOSE CLOTHES ARE?!"

For a second I was blank. " Your clothes? Wha-" and then it hit me. Me and Luke had trashed her room about a week ago, when I had wanted to get revenge on her. But why is she yelling about this now? She hasn't been at home for a week?!

" Seriously?! Are you mentally ill?! They're just clothes! Why the hell would you beat up your own son?!"

She just took another swig from her beer bottle and yelled at me again. " JUST CLOTHES? DO YOU HAVE ANY IDEA HOW HARD I'VE WORKED TO AFFORD THEM? AND YOU IMBECILES JUST THINK YOU CAN COME OVER AND WRECK MY ROOM?!"

She could not be serious. Is she freaking kidding?! Now, I was getting really mad.

" That's freaking child abuse! You beat up your own son just because your clothes got wet ! I can report you to the cops!"

"After everything that I do for you, You dare treat me this way?!"

" AFTER EVERYTHING YOU DO FOR ME?!" I practically screeched at the top of my lungs. I was so angry, I wanted to physically hurt my own mother. I wanted to beat her to a pulp and leave her to rot. I wouldn't even care if she died. She doesn't deserve any of her awards or fame, or money . I was so completely blinded by the amount of rage I felt, I couldn't even think straight. All of the hatred I had felt for years was boiling up inside me, like a volcano about to explode.

" What the hell do you think you have done for me?" I started, with barely controlled anger. " You're never at home, I've been taking care of Luke since dad died, more than you have in your entire life. You don't give a damn about what happens to us as long as your career's safe! Do you have any idea how much me and Luke have suffered ever since? You didn't even shed a tear when dad died! NOT ONE!

" I AM SO SICK AND TIRED OF YOUR BULLSHIT! I HATE YOU WITH EVERY DAMN BONE IN MY BODY, FOR EVERY SINGLE DAY THAT YOU ABANDONED ME AND LUKE! NOT COMING HOME FOR A WEEK, WITH A BEER BOTTLE IN YOUR HAND, AND THEN BEATING UP YOUR OWN SON! YOU DESERVE TO BE IN JAIL! YOU SHOULD BE ROTTING THERE! I WANT YOU TO GET THE HELL OUT OF MY LIFE!"

I simply stood there, panting heavily, as I held back my tears. I hadn't cried in years. Not since dad died. I had never felt so much misery and anger since then. My mom didn't even say a word. She just turned around and walked out the door.

I ran back towards Luke who was still lying on the floor, holding his bleeding nose. " Luke, are you okay?" His face was expressionless, like he was still in shock. " Luke?" I asked again. I cupped his face in my hands and made him look at me. " It's gonna be okay. Alright?" That's when he finally reacted and his expression changed to pain. " I don't- I don't want to live with her anymore." He said, his voice cracking. A single tear ran down his cheek, his face conveying a thousand different emotions. " I miss him so much. I want him back Ava! I want him back!" and then, he broke down into uncontrollable sobbing.

I hugged him close to me, placing my head on top of his, as I tried to calm him down. I simply waited, just sitting on the floor and hugging him until his breathing slowed down to a less hysterical tone. " I miss him." He told me, still crying. " I miss him so much." I closed my eyes as I let him cry on my shoulder, his tears falling on my jacket, until I knew I had to let my emotions out.

Then, I cried along with him.