'But still, I've had a harder time beating Kurama in a game than finishing that test.' Shikamaru admitted.

"As long as you guys didn't answer all the questions. People will get suspicious if that happens."

'Yeah we made sure to miss a few and get some wrong.' I say while meditating.

Meanwhile with the official anbu 3rd pov
While they did that, the proctor and some anbu team captains quickly graded their test.

One of them was specifically chosen to grade the kid's tests. He went through and graded each of theirs one by one. The anbu became more shocked as he finished grading each of the kids scores.

"Proctor, these are the kid's scores and I can't believe them myself. They were able to score above average in every subject." One of the officials said, handing the instructor their papers.

To his surprise these are some of the highest scores he's seen in a very long time. Children half the age of the rest of the participants were able to score higher than all of them.

"Everyone keep an eye on them. We separated them for the written portion, so let's continue keeping them separate just to make sure they're completing this on their own." Ibiki says as they all nodded.

These kids are really something else. I watched all of them filling out their tests and the children looked the calmest out of all of them. I didn't think they'd be the ones to score the highest. If they're this good with intellect maybe their fights will be surprising as well. Ibiki thought to himself while eyeing the group.

'Great, even while you guys managed to miss some and get a few wrong, you still manage to surpass everyone.' Kakashi tells them while mentally sighing.

'Well I guess we know too much knowledge then. We could've easily answered all of them correctly so technically it was harder to get a low score than a high one.' Neji pointed out as everyone agreed with him. "Well not everyone's a genius like you brats." Kurama says.

Naruto's pov
After half an hour passes by, they led all of us into an indoor training area the regular anbu uses. "Since there's an even number you guys you'll fight each other to move onto the final stage. In this spar you can use any jutsu or tool to your disposal, just don't kill your opponent. The match will be over once one of you won't be able to move or continue fighting." They all nod understanding the rules as the proctor chose who they'll be fighting against.

He paired Naruto with the guy who picked a fight with him earlier. 'Great I'll be able to beat this jerk to a pulp for trying to mess with us.' Naruto snickered in excitement while waiting for his turn to come.

The other four were paired up with seemingly strong opponents as well. Once paired up everyone waited on the sideline as the first match was about to begin. You could tell some were nervous, and the ones that got paired up with us thought they were lucky or just became more arrogant.

'Just remember to hold back on the ninjutsu so it won't severely damage people okay?' Kakashi reminded us as we rolled our eyes but agreed. As another fight comes around, Ibiki continues to observe all of us.

Usually people are nervous unless they're really confident in their skills. But even those type of people still show a bit of nervousness but I can't seem to see any of that coming from the kids. They look totally relaxed almost like they're bored. I paired them up with the physically strongest trainees and even though it's a little unfair I really just want to see what each of them are capable of. Ibiki thought while watching the fight going on between two other trainees.

3rd pov
Shika was the first out of the five to go and fight. The match started as he got into his usual lazy defense. His opponent was confident enough to charge at him but with each punch and kick, he dodge with little effort. How dare he seem uninterested in this battle. That'll be his biggest mistake. The angry anbu thought.

The trainee began to speed up and threw faster attacks. He threw a kunai and shuriken at the boy, trying to get him to attack but to no avail. Shika purposely dodged at the last second after each attack, every punch and kicked formed a crack on the floors and wall. This went on until the trainee got tired and finally stopped in the middle of the floor.

"Why won't you attack kid, is dodging all you can do?!" His opponent said mockingly but only received silence from the boy.

"I don't need anything flashy like strength to win a fight. I don't even need to talk but I'm only saying this because I'm getting tired of dodging and I want to end this match." Shikamaru says which infuriated the man, though this is the reaction he wanted.

"You're one to talk for a kid who's only been dodging. I'll show you how people really win a fight." The trainee charged at the boy in a shunshine. He instantly appeared in front of the boy but as he did this Shika used a kunai to trigger a trap. This restrained his opponent from any type of movement but managed to let out a few words.

"B-but h-how?" He asked. "As I was busy 'dodging' I planted threads around the area. I didn't know where you were going to attack so I set ten different traps that's surrounding me right now, but since you're caught in this one the rest are now useless."

Everyone but the other four and a few anbu were stunned, while a few others saw through the boy's trap because of some of their abilities, but were still impressed.

"Since his opponent is unable to move, the child has won the match." The proctor states as Shikamaru released him and walked over to his friends. 'This whole thing is boring.' Shika said in a yawn while taking attempting to nap. The group chuckled at the lazy Nara and waited for their turn.

A few turns later it was Shino's turn. He began his match as his opponent and him just stood there waiting for each other to attack. 'Just get it over with Shino, it's faster that way.' Neji tells Shino as he only responded with a sigh. 'Patient, it's gonna be over in a few seconds.' He says still not moving.

His opponent suddenly collapsed out of nowhere, as everyone but the four wondered what just happened. A few medics rush to him and Shino's voice caught their attention. "Don't worry he's not dead, but I'd hurry and get the poison out his system." He said as the medics hurried the trainee out.

"The kid wins." The proctor announced as all eyes were on them. Some were now thankful that they didn't go up against these kids, as the ones that's going to face the last three became more worried.

Natsumi's fight was next. She cheerfully faced her opponent as the trainee prepared herself. The match began and as soon as it does the trainee used a smoke bomb as a cover. As soon as it disappeared she saw the little girl trying to locate her but ended up getting knocked down and trapped underneath her opponent. The anbu held a kunai to her throat but the girl began to disappear.

The trainee's surroundings became blurry but once it went back to normal all she saw was her worst nightmares over and over again. She tried escaping but failed at every attempt. All of the fear and shock built up until she suddenly collapsed.

Everything that just happened from the moment the trainee released her smoke bomb was Natsumi's genjutsu. In reality she never got hurt, or even moved besides the one hand sign she weaved to activate the genjutsu.
The anbu only stood there after the smoke bomb disappeared until she collapsed in the real world.

The match was called while everyone was shocked and a bit curious about what the other two were going to do.