Chapter Six

"Does the defense have any questions?"

Dominic stand's up and put his hands inside his pants pocket before he talks, "Yes, Your Honor. SPO2 Esguera, as a matter of fact, you also found fingerprints on the keys which did not belong to the defendant, didn't you?"

The police man's eyes met his, Dominic shrugged as he saw what it glints before the man answered his question. "Oo."

He walked towards the police. "To whom do they belong?"

Naglumikot ang mga mata nito bago sinagot ang katanungan niya, "hindi ko alam."

Tinalikuran niya ng Pulis saka humarap sa mga tao sa loob ng hearing.

"But you said you came by with Investigator Kim to find out who owns that fingerprints your team found in the crime scene, is that correct?" He looked over his shoulder to look back at the police man.

"Yes."

"Then how come you didn't know whom those prints belong?"

"Umalis din ako agad dahil kinailangan pa ako sa crime scene."

"And before everything, you came alone in the crime scene first before anyone else, why is that?"

Tumalim ang mga mata nitong nakatingin sa kaniya, "malapit lang ako kung saan nangyari ang krimen kaya mabilis akong nakapunta."

Dominic smirked as he walks back towards his table to get the papers, he got on Prince earlier.

"Your General gave me a hand out of your records, and it says when the crime happened you were out of duty, your partner on the other hand was paired up with different person by that time and it is confirmed by General Salvador- "

"-Your honor Attorney Laflamme shouldnt be interrogating the expert- "

Dominic tapped his foot on the floor to stop the other attorney from interrupting his words. "-You are out of duty and you claimed to be on duty when the crimes happened, how would you explain that SPO2 Esguera? Were you tasked to be in there? Or were you paid and here to protect someone?"

Dominic massages his temple as he walks with his eyes closed in the lobby of the Valenzuela Trial court, he's stressed not because of the hearing earlier that he won, again. He is stressed of thinking about Jaslynne and what he felt last night as he watches Christoffer as the guy walks away with Jaslynne in his arms.

Dominic takes a deep breath and blows it out harshly as he was just about to open his eyes when he heard a heavy step like someone's running towards him.

Nagsalubong ang mga kilay niya ng buksan niya ang mga mata at makita si Jaslynne na tumatakbo patungo sa kaniya- mali, palampas pala sa kaniya.

Nilingon niya ito ng magtungo ito sa information desk.

"Ms. nagstart na ba ''yong hearing ni Atty. Liquigan? Pabigay naman sa kaniya nitong papers it's very important saka ito na ding lunch niya," rinig niyang sabi ni Jaslynne sa babae sa likod ng information desk.

Napatitig siya sa lunch box na inabot nito sa babae.

That's for Liquigan. Did she make it?

He swallowed the hard lump that suddenly appeared in his throat. Wala siyang balak makita ang babae nga'yong araw matapos ang nangyari kahapon, but it seems like their worlds were just so small.

Dominic cleared his throat that caught Jaslynne's attention.

Napabaling ito sa kaniya saka nabura ang ngiting nakaguhit sa labi nito kanina.

"I'm not here to pass a case against you, don't worry." Anito na kinaparte ng mga labi niya.

"That's not what I- "