CH. 18 - "WHAT THE **** JUST HAPPENED?"

Hehe, I am gonna be doing one of the best flashbacks today- 'tis gonna be great :D

Thanks for the people who are requesting on my Oneshot book but I'm having trouble finding the motivation starting something and ending it within a chapter where I kinda have to plan it out with one sentence ;-;, I don't know dreamswap that well either...

Anyhow, let's get on with this book :>

<Reaper's POV>

I had reaped the souls quite early today so I had some free time on my hands, me, not wanting to do much, I thought I would go to some depressing AUs, the ones that seemed very dangerous but depressing, I knew some had some drama in them so I was thinking that I might be able to watch some drama whilst sipping on a Starbucks coffee.

I was looking through my options when a certain AU called 'Aftertale' and I decided I would go there. I opened a portal and hopped right through. It was a save screen... I was expecting to land in Snowdin but I landed in the save screen...

It was extremely dark there and there wasn't much left... I started wandering around knowing that there must be something here or the AU would have crumbled to pieces now as all the other ones do, I do believe that Ink may not be the best Creator, I personally think he should be demoted to Protector but there aren't any destroyers so it kinda defeats to point. 

At the moment it was just Ink, Life and I trying to keep the balance, there weren't any destroyers and no one had come to make themselves the Guardian of feelings either. Ink didn't know about Life and Life didn't know about Ink, I only see Ink when I'm reaping souls too...

Anyhow, I was drifting for a while when I finally saw someone, it was a Sans, next to what I would say was the menu for the player to get in and out of the world. He was just sitting there, he hadn't noticed my appearance yet either. I came towards him and sat in front of him. 

He didn't notice me at first but he came out of whatever he was thinking about and saw me there, he looked very confused. "Who are you? You aren't Chara,"  He said. I only chuckled and shook my head.

"My name is Reaper but some people call me Death," I gave him a grin and suddenly he stopped looking so amazed. He looked a little annoyed but scared. "Are you here to end my misery?" He asked me. 

I shook my head. "I came exploring because I finished with my job today... I do wonder how long you have left..." I told him, he looked a little nervous. I shrugged carelessly and gave him a grin. "Are you like half-dead?" I asked him curiously.

He looked at me annoyed like I was supposed to already know this because of who I am. I just shrugged. "Yes, technically," he responded. I grinned in response. 

"So is the other half sexy?~"  I asked. He gave me an angry look and hid in his red scarf. I snorted and continued to talk to me for some time, he gave me the sense that he didn't but did want me there, it was a bit weird. This guy is extremely interesting...

"....ER"

"..APER!"

"REAPER!" Someone shouted at me. 

"Huh?" I said and suddenly everything came back into focus. I was on the floor and Error was next to me. I was seriously confused. "Oh thank fuck, you passed out," Error explained. #

"How long was I out for?" I asked. He checked his phone quickly, he didn't look impressed. 

"10 minutes!" He told me. I sighed and had a look around, we were in the park, at the edge of a forest. It looked a little dark over there. "Where are we? I don't really recognize where we are..." I told him. 

"We were doing a walk when you passed out, we are all away across town," he said. I sighed and got up. "We should get home then, which way is the fastest way to your house?" I asked Error. He thought for a moment. 

"There's a small path in the forest we could take, it'll take around 15 minutes instead to get there since we live on the edge of the forest," he told me and shrugged. I nodded.

"Lead the way my friend," I told him, he only shook his head, trying to his grin by looking down and we started going inside the forest quietly.

We had been walking silently for about 5 minutes when I heard something growl nearby. I listened carefully and motioned Error to speed up a bit which he thankfully did. Then I heard the growl again. I have a sneaky feeling that whatever the thing was that was growling at us, it could only be bad.

I didn't have anything to defend myself with and neither did Error, we couldn't run either because it would hear and us and catch up to us. Assuming it could run fast anyway. We were a bit stuck, both of us were walking quietly, but as quickly as we could without fully alerting whatever it was about our existence. 

But then I saw it. It was a wolf, but unlike other wolves, it looked like an arctic wolf with an X sign across where its eyes were. I got really nervous and it saw me "RUN!" I screamed and we both started running. The wolf instantly started chasing us down and as I had presumed, it was faster than both of us and caught up with it quickly. 

I really just wanted to leave here as quickly as I could but there was nothing that could be done. The wolf decided it would bite my leg and I screamed out in pain, instantly stopping. Error stopped a little too. "Run!" I told him. 

He looked like he was having a mini-war inside his head and then shook his head and started running towards his house. I sighed in relief and felt a little helpless, I'm probably going to die now...

But something flared up in me, I don't know what it was but it gave me a feel to live, a need to live. The wolf was still attacking me, at this point it had scratched my back and the bite in my leg had gotten quite bad...

But I didn't feel any pain. Instead, when I looked down at the bitten leg, I saw that it was healing.

I started to feel angry that the wolf had hurt me. I stood up and something got summoned in my hands and I was floating?? I used the scythe that had been summoned and killed the wolf. I breathed out a sudden sigh of relief but stopped when I saw that the wolf's fur was turning brown and the X had disappeared. 

I put my feet back on the floor and examined the scythe carefully. I looked at the handle and found that my name had been inscribed (I think that's the right word) into it. "What the fuck?" I said. 

I suddenly heard a large gasp behind me and saw Error and Geno staring at me from afar. I'm glad I stepped back on the ground or it would've been even more awkward. Error looked like he had taken one of my weapons from work that I had accidentally left at their house and Geno had a medkit with him.

"WHAT THE FUCK JUST HAPPENED?" I heard Geno scream at me. I felt a little taken aback and then the face he was making reminded me of that weird dream? I saw earlier when we were both skeletons... Thinking about it, didn't I see this exact scythe in my dream too?

I started panicking a little. "I-I have no clue... I started healing and then I fucking started to hover off the ground and I got this scythe and it's an exact replica that I had in my dream just now..." I stared at both of them, I must've had to most scared look on my face because they both came towards me.

Geno hugged me. I instantly hugged back, I was still panicking but not as badly as before, I knew Error wouldn't hug me because of his Haphephobia but that was alright. "Let's get you home so maybe you can explain in more detail?" Geno asked me. 

I nodded quietly and we started walking back slowly...

-

Woah I did not realise how much I would write in a small space of time! I hope you enjoyed and I hope this was much better than last time, I woke up and got out of bed and just started writing like no tomorrow!

Thanks for everything!

Bye!!