CH. 12 - Why doesn't he have to pay the bills?

<Killer's POV> 

When I left for work there was a random person inside the house.

When I came back from work there was still a random person in the house.

Honestly, I don't know why Nightmare's keeping him here, shouldn't he be in the hospital? If it were anyone else, I'm pretty sure Nightmare wouldn't care, just send him to the hospital and forget about the entire situation.

So why is he keeping here? I thought I knew Nightmare pretty well, not caring for anyone but his brother or close friends, but apparently he'll let a random stranger stay here who clearly needs to be in a hospital instead. 

Even if he was in a hospital, I'm pretty sure that he would be able to visit him. I think it's time I talk to Nightmare about it. 

I start to walk around the huge house that I had rented a place inside. I ended up finding him outside of the room that guy had been placed inside.

"Hey Nightmare," I greeted him. He just nodded, letting me know he had heard me. 

"Soo... Why is that guy here? Why isn't he in the hospital?" I asked him. Nightmare looked away. 

"There's something to do with him, he feels familiar to me... I don't know why but I need to find out," He responded hesitantly.

I made a 'hmm' noise. "Why don't you send him to the hospital though? Isn't it better for him there?" I asked him.

He looked a little angered. "Look, why does it bother you? It shouldn't make a difference to you, so why is it bothering you?" He asked me, giving me a very annoyed face. 

"Sorry to piss you off, but he's literally doing nothing here, I have to pay to stay here, just wondering why he's getting off scot free, that's all," I told him. 

I suddenly felt something around my stomach, hurling me upward and taking the breath out of my lungs. I looked down to see a... tentacle? It belonged to Nightmare, that much I was sure of.

"Are you hurt? Killer? Did you get hurt by wolves? Or am I imaging you being well and perfectly fine?" He asked, the grip of the tentacle on my stomach tightening, not allowing me to respond.

Suddenly I was dropped. "I don't think so, next time you question my authority, you'll be kicked out whether you pay me more or not," He said, his voice dripping with pure venom. He walked away.

I caught my breath, but I swear, he probably bruised a rib.

<Nightmare's POV> 

That little shit. Thinking he can question MY authority in MY house. Yeah sure, I pay bills but I fucking own the plot. 

Next time he does that, he's out, and he isn't going to come back. Hopefully, he learned his damn lesson. 

I started walking mindlessely along the halls, not sure what to do now since there had been nothing to do all day. There still wasn't anything to do. 

Dream had left hours ago and Chara had left to grab some things back from their house as he came with nothing but himself and his phone. Cross couldn't leave his bed due to Dream's orders. There was nothing wrong with his legs but he could bump into things apparently. 

Sometimes I don't believe Dream's nurse bullshit, but he has the medical degree to show me everytime I doubt him. In all honesty, I have no clue why I don't want Cross to leave or go to the hospital, but I do feel like I know him from somewhere, so what I told Killer defnitely was not a lie.

Maybe I should see Cross, he might need some food. Something like that. I turn around and start walking to where I had been before. Thinking about it, why hadn't I got a book yet?

Maybe there's something wrong with me. Usually the first thing that comes to my mind when I'm bored is a book. Maybe I'm getting sick? I usually do that when I'm feeling sick, it's weird, true, but I tend to do weird things when I'm sick.

Doesn't everybody?

I eventually get to Cross' room and knock on the door. "Come in," I hear Cross say from the otherside. I open the door and he's still on the bed, thankfully. He hasn't decided to that he wants to roam yet, going respectfully by my brother's orders. 

"Do you need anything?" I ask Cross. He thinks for a moment when something finally pops in his head. "Do you guys have any chocolate here? I've been itching for some for quite a while," he responds. I nod. "Anything else?" I ask. 

He shakes his head and I leave the room in search of the kitchen. I get there quite quickly and grab a random chocolate bar. Classic dairy milk. Eh, seems good enough to me. I quickly walk up back to the room Cross is housing at the moment. 

I open the door and quickly close it. I walk over to him and hand the chocolate bar. He quickly unwraps it and eats it quietly as he can. I look to another side of the room.  

After he finishes it, I sit on a chair at the corner of the room. We stay in silence for a few minutes. It wasn't awkward, not for me at least, but it felt more of a nice silence. 

I broke it. "Is there anything you want to do?" I ask him. He sighs. 

"I don't know, maybe I should text a friend?" He asked. I nodded. He sighed and picks his phone up from the bedside table. He texts for about a minute before he puts his phone back down and we are engulfed into silence once more. 

"How much money do you have? It sounds like this place is huge and this room is awesome for a guest room," he told me. I chuckled lightly. 

"This used to be my parents house, before they gave it to me and Dream, Dream wanted to leave home so he has his own house, I usually don't get enough money to pay for the bills since this place is so big which is why I rent the rooms out and why I also house three idiots," I explained helpfully. 

"Where are your parents now?" Cross asked with curiosity. I looked away quickly and Cross quickly got the message. "O-oh, I am so sorry, I shouldn't have asked-"

"It's fine, it doesn't really bother me now, they have been gone for years," I tell him. He still looks like he's feeling quilty about it. 

We go into more silence. Do we really have nothing to talk about? Hmph. 

"Nightmare?" I hear Cross say. I look towards him and reply with a 'hmm?'.

"Do I... Seem familiar to you?" he asked me. I stopped for a second. Had he heard my conversation with Killer? If so then I didn't want him to think I just wanted him for that.

"You do, but that's not the exact reason I'm keeping you here," I told him quickly. Wait, why don't I want him to leave again? I might have to lie...

"I feel like I know you from somewhere, but I've never met you before now," Cross told me. I stared at him in utter shock. 

It stayed like that for a moment. "What the hell?" I said, it wasn't loud but it felt like it. He flinched a bit. 

"Why...? Why do we feel like we know each other? This makes no sense..." I carried on. Cross stared at me. "You said some pretty weird stuff earlier and you don't even remember saying anything... Maybe it has something to do with that," Cross pointed out. 

I thought about it for a second. "That would make sense but why all of a sudden, why not a few years ago, or a month ago, why now?" I asked. 

Cross suddenly had a dark look on his face, I had a feeling I knew what he was thinking.

"What if it's because we didn't actually exist until now?"

-

uhhh...

uhhhhhhhhh...

I have a feeling I'm going too quickly... 

eh...

Hope you enjoyed this episode! There isn't much to say here this time so...

Have a nice day! Or night, depends on when you read!