CH. 10 - Old people or new people?

<Nightmare's POV> 

I don't remember falling asleep, but I definitely woke up.

It seems like that also happened to Dream as well, because he was long gone when I woke up to see Cross awake, Chara trying to keep himself up and Dream, very unconscious, lying on the bed. 

I sighed, bringing my phone to my face and turning it on. It was 8:30 AM. I sighed. Was I supposed to go to work today? I don't know. I checked my online calendar. Yes, yes  I was supposed to be in work today.

I sighed and stood up, I stretched and my bones made a few popping noises, but you could barely hear it through all my flesh. It seemed more audible today though.

I looked down to see a skeleton hand. I started to turn my hand around and the skeleton hand started turning around. I gasped in surprise and fell into the wall, hitting my head and falling to the ground. I held my head and rubbed it.

"You okay?" I heard someone say. I growled. 

"Does it look like I'm okay?" I whisper-shouted. 

"Okay then..." They said and I looked up and saw Chara above me. He offered a hand to me and I sighed. I grabbed on to his hand and he pulled me up. As soon as he let go, I stumbled backwards and used the wall as support. 

"Do you need to get back into bed?" Chara asked. As I stared at him and the room, everyone started to look different. Chara was becoming more ghost-like and white. Cross was a literal skeleton, staring at me with different coloured eye-lights and Dream had weird, yellow clothes on, also a skeleton. 

I gasped loudly and looked at my hands again. Skeleton hands. I gulped and shook my head, trying to make it go back to normal, that only made it fuzzier. 

"Ni....are, ..at's go... on..?" I saw Chara's mouth move, I only shook my head. I felt like there was a large amount of pain in my eye. It felt horrific. Why my eye? I swore I passed out then, but I didn't. 

I don't exactly remember what happened but when everything started to clear up again, I felt a something cold on my head and Dream was next to me. 

I groaned, the pain was still there but my vision was normal again. "Nightmare?" Dream asked me. 

"What happened?" I asked, I heard someone let out a breath, probably from holding it in. "Something... I'm not sure, you've never done that before," He told me.

"What did I do?" I asked him. 

Cross spoke out. "Suddenly you seemed fine and asked us how we were and then you asked why Dream and I weren't Skeletons and asked Chara who the hell he was and then you sprouted tentacles out of your back, that's when I woke Dream up,"

"When Cross woke me up you started to shout at me, properly trying to have a fight with me and then you started explaining that you got hit by a large white wall before it all going black, which makes no sense whatsoever," Dream continued. 

"Then you told me your head hurt, so I've been putting an ice pack on it for the at ten minutes," Dream finished, sighing. 

I looked at my hands, normal, human hands. Ii shuddered thinking back to when I saw them all skeletal, I hadn't really taken into account then, but thinking back, they were black, and had some black substance on them? I can't remember it well...

"Sorry if I worried you Dream and sorry for shouting at you, but I don't remember it at all," I told him. 

I could have sworn Dream gave Cross a worried look and Cross returning it, but Cross doesn't even know me. That's when I remembered about work. I swore loudly.