FOREVER: Part ∞ + 13

The violet colour of the arising sun enlightened the darkest dawn I ever saw. The purple fading clouds covered the magnificent sky as we walked through the pavement on the left side of the road. We didn't sleep, and we didn't eat, but we were on our way to the place where it all began; the blue painted high school of Kawaakari.

We tirelessly walked on the street surrounded by cherry trees. Since the weather was getting cold, I was wearing my blue sweatshirt and my black cargo trousers. I wasn't the only one looking stylish, Paikek's white sweatshirt and white shoes was a good combo as well. On the other hand, Seanyung was wearing a beige cardigan, and Bomyu had his black and white striped on.

While we were crossing across the road, some other pedestrians passed by, and they were all silent. The silence allowed us to hear the sound of the wind as it blew across the leaves, while we walked through the street beside the cherry trees.

We took the path where there was a tall willow tree. It reminded me of my days at the high school when my friends and I were trying to climb the willow tree which was right in front of the school's car park.

By the way, as a seventeen years old boy, I couldn't remember going to school since the day Yonsan left us. I wasn't even sure if any of my friends were still going to school.

"Look! We're here!" Seanyung pointed to the old school gate made of blue iron bars. There were rusted chains locking up the gate which was taller than us.

Four of us stood in front of it gazing through the bars to see the blue-painted high school of Kawaakari. It didn't look like the way I remembered it, as the vines were all over its windows and the grasses in its garden were extremely taller than before.

I wondered how this place could change that much in two years. It was clear that there was something strange going on.

"Let's go in!" Bomyu slightly smiled and he stepped closer to the gate, putting his hands onto the iron bars, he gazed inside with narrowed eyes.

"Come on guys! Climb!" Paikek rushed next to Bomyu and began climbing to the gate. Next, Seanyung followed him and Piakek helped him to jump over the top of the gate by pulling him by his hand.

"What you guys waiting for?" Paikek grinned as he looked at Bomyu and me from inside.

While Bomyu was still in front of the door, holding the iron bars, I put my hand on his shoulder and climbed upwards to the top of the gate. I looked at him from above, then he smiled when he saw me looking at him. Without any hesitation, Bomyu climbed next to me and jumped to the other side of the blue school gate.

Afterwards, I climbed down next to him. The mud on the grass stained my white shoes when my feet got down on to the ground.

"The school garden looks smaller than I remember." Bomyu beamed, observing the front garden of the blue-painted building. It was filled with tall grasses and rotten roots everywhere.

"It's because places look a way bigger when you are a kid." I contributed as we walked to the front door of the building, through the muddy garden.

"Actually, we were here two years ago, so basically we weren't kids." Our smarty Seanyung spoke in a confident way as always.

"Yeah, you're right." I laughed as I opened the front door of the school which happened to be unlocked. The yellow dyed two-sided door was rusted, and it had broken windows.

I kept it open and let my friends inside the building. Once all of us got in, we looked through the dusty school corridor which was perpetually dark.

"Remember the times we ran through this hallway to be early for the class." Paikek recalled with a broad smile on his face.

"This also reminded me of the day we escaped from the panda." I murmured as dark memories recalled in my mind.