Wally x Reader .I'm Sorry.

Wally's pov

I'm currently laying down on the hospital bed due to an asthma attack. I've got a good progress recovering before but ever since that day... I can't help but have asthma attacks every time I remember it. Unfortunately, almost everything in the world makes me remember that day.

I shuffled to the side carefully so I won't accidentally unplug my respirator and glanced out towards the lush green grassland of Verdanturf Town. A pleasant memory returned to my head but slowly lead back to that day.

The day where I let go of the most precious person in my life.

It was already 10:00 pm and despite doctor's orders I still went out for a battle. The automatic doors of the Pokémon center slid open and I handed my Pokémon to Nurse Joy. She happily accepted them and proceed on putting them in the healing trays. I looked around and saw (Name) which made my heart beat wildly, despite our relationship for over three years she still does this to me.

"Hey, (Name)!" I greeted as I wave towards her.

She frowned at me and sighed making my smile drop at her actions.

'Why is she frowning? Did I do something wrong?' I thought to myself.

"(Name), is something wrong?" I asked as I approached her.

"Aren't you forgetting something?" She avoided my question.

I racked for my brain for anything that I might have forgotten but nothing came up. "Not that I remember. Why? Is there anything I've forgotten?"

She sighed one more time and got gloomier than earlier. "Wally... You've forgotten the same thing again like last year and the year before..."

I scrunched my eyebrows trying to figure out what is she saying. Then two possibilities popped in my head. 1) I might have forgotten or missed her birthday. Or 2) I forgot or missed a date that we planned.

I kept missing those three because either I got sent in the hospital or I'm battling others. I felt guilty all of a sudden. All the time, she's there for me but when the days she said are important came up, I'm always somewhere else. I'm sure she understands my reasons but the way she looked at me right now tells me things aren't going to be pretty.

"I missed your birthday?" I guessed and she shook her head. "Then what is it?"

"Wally, today's our anniversary and you've forgotten it for the third time." She answered sadly.

I stiffened and took a huge gulp as those words sink in. I now remember that what I keep forgetting is our anniversary. The first one is forgiven and understandable since I got sent in the hospital. The second is less understandable since I'm just hanging out with my friends that I haven't seen for years. But this time... I'm just out battling anybody who wants to.

"I-I'm sorry..." I apologized and pleaded with my eyes to forgive me.

"Is it going to be like this every day too?" She went on. "Even on the days I'm sick, you don't stick around long enough for me to feel reassured. On days that I completely break down, you're not there to comfort me. On days that I got sent to the hospital, you're not there to show me that everything's going to be fine."

An even bigger wave of guilt wash over me as she final let out all of her insecurities. Apparently, she wasn't done yet.

"I was there the entire time for you when you got sick. I was there to cheer you up when you feel down. I was there whenever you wanted company..." She trailed off and I realized she was crying hard. "Am I not worth even just a day where I know we're still together?"

"I-I'm sorry... But I promise nex-"

"And here's comes the 'I promise next time' speech." She scoffed while wiping her tears. "I'm tired of being invisible to you when you don't need me for anything."

I gasped and grabbed her shoulders. "You're not invisible! I'm just having too much fun battling. You know I've always love battling."

"And that's why I'm breaking up with you." She dropped the bomb which constrict my breathing. "I understand your love for battling and I'm happy for you but I don't think we're ever going to work out like this."

"No! No! I don't want you to leave!" I cried and everybody in the Pokémon center must have took the hint that this is a private matter and thankfully they left to give us that privacy. Even Nurse Joy along with her Chansey back in the employee's room.  "Please, I don't want to lose you..."

"Please, let me go... You'll be much happier without me." She said as she removed my hands off her shoulders. "I think this is a sign that we shouldn't be together anymore."

She left the Pokémon center and I ended up having an asthma attack a few minutes after. I looked at the door hoping she come rushing back but was greeted with nothing but the random trainers and Nurse Joy to send me to the hospital.

I have another wave of asthma attack just right after remembering that heartbreaking day. The doctors rushed in and hooked up more tubes and injected me with a sedative so I can calm down. I ended up looking at the door and realized that it really is over.

I'm sorry...

.

.

.

If I only managed to balance my battling time with our time...

.

.

.

I could have shown you how important you are in my life...

.

.

.

Breathing is difficult without you...

.

.

.

I really love you, (Name)...

.

.

.

I wanna see you even just one more time...

.

.

.

And I hope... You'll accept me back to your arms...