Gary x Reader .I'm Sorry.

Gary' pov

I gritted my teeth both in anger and jealousy as I saw (Name) giggling happily. One would think that with my big inflated ego, this would be nothing but karma must have hated me this bad. Why?

She's giggling with her boyfriend, Ash Ketchum.

It's like rubbing salt on all of my wounds every time I see them doing anything cheesy couples do. Then again...

It was my fault that she's not by my side anymore.

I looked down to my Umbreon as I remember my own foolishness as I broke the heart of the person I love the most.

It was snowing in Viridian City which is a rare thing to happen but loved by the citizens. I texted (Name) to meet me up at the Pokémon center outside without giving any reason. She loves me too much she doesn't even bother asking why and just go straight ahead as I directed. Me and some of my classmates that are in my clique snickered as my "girlfriend" passed by. Yes, with quotation marks.

"Ready to break the ice to your 'girlfriend'?" One of them asked.

"Of course, she's just one girl over millions in the world after all." I cockily answered. "Let's let her freeze all night there waiting for me, her 'oh-so-awesome boyfriend' until she realized that no one will be there for her at all."

"Great idea, Gary!" Another one cheered.

"Gary is so cool!"

"Now that's a real man!"

Their praises got into my head and left (Name) standing there all night. I never don't know why but I felt bad by doing that... Then, next day at school, when I tried to make up an excuse and finally break up with her... she beat me to it.

"Fuck you, Gary Shigeru Oak." She coldly growled and glared at me. "Not only that you used me for your entertainment but you also made me almost have hypothermia."

My blood run cold on what she said. I knew the snow could make her cold but not to that extent! I opened my mouth for an explanation but she merely raised her hand and walked away while saying those words I didn't know could actually hurt me.

"We're done, Oak. Never ever come into my life again." She left the cold warning and walked towards...

...Ash.

I ran away from the school and ended up crying near the river of Pallet Town. At the worst timing possible, I realized what I truly feel towards her. At the worst time possible, I realized...

...how much I really love her.

Peering back to my dainty window, I watched Ash make (Name) smile in all her glory while I, on the other hand, wept on my loss of the most wonderful girl in the world.

I'm sorry...

.

.

.

If I only ignored that dare...

.

.

.

If I had just treasured that love you had for me...

.

.

.

I would be the one you will be laughing with...

.

.

.

I will be the one with you...

.

.

.

And maybe the one you will be with in the future...