10 || my bestfriend's mother

Lalisa Manoban instantly forgot how to breathe. As her mind drew up different conclusions of the recent revelation, she refused to believe a single thing. A pool of tears welled up in Lisa's eyes and for some unknown reason, her hands started shaking. She had no idea what was happening to her, all she knew was that she needed to be alone.

Rosé's purse along with the credit card fell from Lalisa's shaky hands. That gesture caught her besties attention.

Lisa stood in motion and watched the item on the floor. She wanted to bend down and pick them up but she was too numb to do that. Instead, Jennie picked them up.

Rosé decided to voice out when she saw a tear roll down Lisa's cheek.  

"Oh lord, what happened Lisa?" She closed the gap between them and wiped away Lisa's tear with her thumb, Rosé's gesture only made more tears roll down Lisa's cheek. Rosé turned to look at Jennie if she had any idea what was going on.

This was very unlike Lisa, the Lalisa Manoban.

"I'm confused." Jennie replied with the same worried look as Rosé. Even the sales attendant's attention was on them. Thankfully, the jewellery shop was not filled with customers.

Rosé signalled Jennie to take Lisa to somewhere private while she paid for the items they bought. Luckily enough, she found a quiet area a few steps away from the jewellery shop, so she sat Lisa down and took a seat beside her.

She took out a handkerchief from her mini bag and carefully dabbed away another set of tears that were about to fall from the corner of Lisa's eyes.   

"What happened babe? You've been happy and smiling all day. Did Chaeyoung and I do anything to offend you? Did anyone in the mall say or do anything to hurt you?"   

Lisa shook her head slowly, not looking into her best friend's eyes at all.

A few minutes later, Rosé joined them, sat beside her bestie and intertwined her hand with Lisa's cold ones.

"Did you receive any news from home? Or is it your girlfriend? Did she hurt you?" Jennie asked again. "You know you can trust us, Lisa. Please open up, we're not happy seeing you like this."

Lalisa tried opened her mouth to say something but she couldn't form even a proper sentence. Her lips quivered and another set of fresh tears welled up in her eyes.

Rosé didn't know what else to do so she pulled Lisa in for a hug, patted her hair and whispered soothing words in her ear. Jennie also joined the hug after a while.

They all pulled away after having their moment. "I appreciate you two's concern. I'm fine. I just need some alone time to clear my head." Lisa said, avoiding their eyes, most especially Rosé's.   

"I don't feel comfortable leaving you alone in this state. You can come with us to our apartment. You will stay in the spare bedroom and Jennie and I will be able to check on you from time to time." Rosé Park suggested.

"And we also don't mind staying at your apartment. You will have your alone time in your bedroom while we will be in the living room in case you need anything." Jennie added.

"There's no need for that, I promise I will be fine guys." Lisa whispered, trying really hard to keep herself together.   

Both of her besties were fed up already. This was really strange of Lisa.

"Okay, let's have some food before we leave the mall. We will order your favourite."

"It's okay Chaeyoung, I'm not hungry." She whispered, which was true. Food was definitely the last thing on her mind right now.   

Despite Lisa's reluctance, Rosé ordered takeaways for herself and her best friends. They exited the mall with their shopping bags, and was about to load them in Rosé's car when Lisa spoke.

"Hey, I can actually take a cab to my apartment."

"No Lisa, we're dropping you at your apartment. It's so dangerous out there!" Rosé said with finality. 

After all the bags were loaded, they entered the car and Rosé started driving towards Lisa's apartment. It was a silent ride as the trio occupied themselves with their thoughts.   

After a few minutes of ride, Rosé and Jennie helped their bestfriend with her shopping bags as they walked her to her doorstep.

"Sorry babe, I messed up our day." Lisa spoke sincerely to Rosé, looking into her eyes for the first time in a long while.

"It's nothing, Lis. We did almost everything we wanted today and we can always do that another time. I just wish you would tell us what's going on with you so we will help you."   

"I'll be fine. I just need to be alone for a while."

"Hm, I'm still not convinced there's nothing wrong with you. Your eyes are heavy with tears and I'm sure once we leave here you're going to cry your eyes out." Jennie caressed Lisa's cheek.   

"Lisa darling, Jennie and I are only one call away in case you need us. We will check up on you tomorrow." Rosé reassured Lisa that they'll always be there for her. "Promise us you will take care of yourself and won't do anything stupid." Jennie added while Lisa nodded and whispered.

"I promise, guys."

Rosé smiled lightly and hugged Lisa. "We love you, Lisa. Always." She said and kissed Lisa's forehead, while Jennie followed suit then they left.

As soon as Lalisa locked her door, she fell to the floor and cried.   

"What have you done, Lisa?" She said in between her sobs. "How could you not know?" She yanked her hair while sobbing more harder.

"Having an affair with my bestie's mother, what type of person are you, Lisa?" She wept.

And, Lalisa Manoban cried and cried until she had no more tears to shed.

-----

anyways, don't forget to vote BLACKPINK on MAMA guys!