Chapter 7 - The Music of Fortune Pt. 1/3

Start from the beginning

     I kicked the other guy's legs and punched him in the face once, almost simultaneously, he collapsed onto the floor, dropping his knife.

The lady: "Hey...are you okay?"

Y/n: "I am fine."

     I turned back and looked at the lady, she seemed to be surprised to see me, so now there was no doubt, she was clearly George but the question is what's she doing here?

George: "Y/n...? What are you doing here?!"

Y/n: "That's supposed to be my que-"

Before I could finish my words, George pulled me into a kiss, we stayed like that for a few seconds until she separated, grabbed my one of my wrists and dragged me into a car just as the police arrived.

Aiden: "Oh hey, Lieutenant! I wasn't expecting you to be here."

Y/n: "So Dr. Aiden took you here, George?"

George: "Y-yes....I just wanted to see the Proms, and the outside world."

Y/n: "It's fine, George, how long are you going to stay here?"

George: "For a week, I will be leaving London on the night of the 7th of September."

Y/n: "I see."

George: "Now, it's my turn to ask you, why did you leave only a note?"

Y/n: "I didn't want to disturb you so I decided not to wake you up, I am sorry."

George: "...don't you realize how much I mis-"

Y/n: "That's why I said sorry."

     Before she could say anything else, I pressed her head softly against my lap, kissed her on the cheek once and started stroking her head.

George: "Um..."

Y/n: "Just stay like that, George."

Aiden: "By the way, Lieutenant! How were you able to take out those two guys that fast? I have been wondering since you managed to knock out even Dido unarmed."

Y/n: "I am a Kōdōkan sixth dan, I was a Judo student under Kyuzo Mifune for two years."

Aiden: "Wait a minute, Lieutenant! How were you able to learn Judo in the UK?"

Y/n: "Well, I was sent abroad since I was 12, two years in Japan and then another two in Germany."

Aiden: "Does that mean you can speak fluent Japanese and German, Lieutenant?"

Y/n: "Of course."

Aiden: "I see! You're such an interesting man, Lieutenant."

George: "As expected of my Y/n...hehe..."

Aiden: "You both are really close, don't tell me that..."

Y/n: "You're right, Doctor, George's my sweetheart."

Aiden: "Ah, I see, hahaha."

     By then, George was already asleep, I didn't stop talking to Dr. Aiden until we stopped in front of a hotel near the London docks. I carried George into her room and decided to spend the night with her.

7th of September 1940

     After spending a week with George in London, this was her last day here, I was planning to spend time with her today.

     At noon, we were scrambled for the first time in the month, we were formed up in a "big wing" formation consisting of three squadrons with a 20 minutes delay, I honestly disagree with this formation, the time and amount that it took to even form up a proper formation was too long, the formation was also disorganized.