The Unsettling Reality

Antonella

Pacing back and forth in the living I nervously ran my hands through the high ponytail that Mia had helped me pull my hair into, before skimming my hand anxiously over the black sparkled dress shorts, that could be considered booty shorts, seriously these things were shorter than necessary and a sheer white button-up sleeveless blouse that showed off the white lace bra I had on underneath, Mia had pleaded that I wear what she had chosen for me for her party tonight.

Sighing at the memory of the exasperating conversation we had several days ago, after she had received an expensive boutique box from Severiano, containing an outfit that he had chosen and had delivered as part of her birthday gift from him. After seeing her outfit, she had claimed we needed to go shopping for my outfit as well. Rolling my eyes at the memory, I recalled how easily I had given in to her request and how thankful I was she hadn't insisted on a skimpy dress or skirt, especially since I was able to pull off a pair of black gladiator sandals instead of heels with this outfit.

But it wasn't just the tight, slightly revealing outfit that was making me nervous, it was far less tightfitting then the red dress Brianna and my aggravation had talked me into for the Mayor's charity dinner, the dress that Marco had way too easy of an access to. Marco, that handsome devil was the real reason behind why I was so nervous.

It has been a full week of me actively avoiding him, hiding in the office when he shows up at the bakery, sending one of the other girls on shift to bring him coffee when he showed up in the mornings, which know that I'm thinking about it, he hasn't shown up for the last two days, huh interesting. I also begged Sev to take this week's payment from me, claiming I was far too busy with Mia's party. Even with everything I was doing to evade him in person, the attractive mobster still plagued my thoughts, filling my mind with lustful fantasies that seemed to grow more and more vivid, I was even dreaming about the sexually infuriating man. Dio mio, I need help.

"We're going to be late." Richie groaned from the front door, glaring down at his watch with irritation, successfully pulling me from my distracted thoughts of Marco.

"It's her party... besides she wants to be 'fashionably' late." I smirked, shaking my head at Richie who rolled his eyes in frustration.

"Still... the limo has been sitting outside for nearly twenty minutes... can you..." Richie trailed off, waving his hand toward the stairs. "Rush her along." He finally added after I had simply raised my eyebrows in question at him.

"No... I won't." I breathed with a chuckle at his annoyance, before folding my arms over my chest as a string of excited giggles echoed down the stairs and the sound of eager heel clad feet scurried overhead.

"We're ready." Mia squealed happily, sauntering down the stairs as if it was a catwalk. "What do you think... cute right?" She beamed, pausing once she hit the landing and did a quick turn, to show off the outfit that Severiano had sent over for her and I had to admit, he has good taste.

 cute right?" She beamed, pausing once she hit the landing and did a quick turn, to show off the outfit that Severiano had sent over for her and I had to admit, he has good taste