The Hidden Request

(Marco)

        Two Months Earlier

    Slowly circling around the pathetic coward trembling at my feet, rolling my neck from side to side as I accessed the damage I had already done to his lying, thieving face.

    Growling in a threatening tone, I grabbed the pitiful excuse of a man by his blood matted hair and yanked him back up to my eye level.

    "Agostino... Agostino did you really think that no one would notice the money you were embezzling from the club? Huh?... that no one would discover your little alterations to the books?... I look stupid to you?" Snarling into the round, weathered pudgy face of my father's business manager of the last fifteen years.

    "I-I... I'm sooo sorrry... Mr... Greco." Whimpering, his bottom lip trembling as tears slid down his plump and now bloody cheeks.

    "You're sorry..." raising my eyebrows as he quickly nodded his head, before hanging it to stare down at the floor. "He's sorry." Patting his bruising cheek. "I'm sorry too." Narrowing my gaze, slamming my first into the right side of his jaw, hearing the cracking of teeth and the popping of his jaw dislocating.

    "Please... please Marco... it was one slip... fifteen years of loyalty... I fucked up once... I'm sorry." Heaving out a sob as he crumbled back to his knees, holding his left hand up in surrender as his right cupped his jaw. "I'll pay it all back... all of it... I swear." Pleading for this favor to make things right with the family.

    "Ten million dollars... that's a big fucking slip up... Right?" Grounding out the words, kicking him in the shoulder, sending him tumbling to the ground.

    "Please... I'll get your family's money back." Pulling himself back up onto his knees. "Every penny."

    "What do you think Sev?" glancing toward my little brother, who was standing a few feet back from the action, gulping nauseously as he paled at the brutal actions I had taken with the cazzo patetico. {pathetic fuck}

    Flashing his timid blue eyes to me, he shrugged his shoulders. "Why not give him a chance to make it right." Clenching his jaw, he straightened his shoulders and tightened his grip on the Overseer model one shotgun he had in his hands. "But... he needs to learn a lesson first." Casting an uneasy glance back to me, hating himself for having to suggest a brutal action, yet knowing that it was necessary to flex our power and authority.

    "Sounds good to me... what about you Mr. Russo?" grabbing Agostino by the scruff of his wrinkled, white dress shirt and pulling him back up to shove him into a folding chair.

    "Yes... yes of course." mumbling out his agreement, without a single care as to what his lesson would be.

    The things people jump to agree to when their life is on the line, never worrying about the fine print.

    "Nicco." Nudging my chin toward my right-hand man, who nodded in understanding before leaving us in the empty warehouse, that my familia has been using for years to hand out punishment and more often death to those who wronged us.

    These walls have heard the last gurgled breath, cries of pain and agony of countless men over the near thirty-five years that my father has been conducting 'business' here, since he setup his own operation after leaving Nonno's organization in Italy and branching out for himself here in America. If these walls could talk most of the men in my family would never breath free air again.

    "Come on... move it." Nicco's gruff voice cut through the silence as he shoved and pushed a middle-aged man with similar build and facial features as Agostino into the room, the man stumbled ahead of him as he glanced around nervously.