The Deal

Flicking his eyes toward his brother, finally freeing me from his terrifying, hungry glare. Marco pursed his lips with a slight smirk, rubbing an index and middle finger over his chin as he thought over his brother's suggestion.

"Alright..., I'm not a bad guy." Rolling his shoulders back as he straightened his posture.

Licking my dry lips, I gulped against the apprehensive, worried lump that seemed to be permanently lodged in my throat. Squirming nervously in my seat, quickly casting anxious eyes toward Severiano, who simply gave me a reassuring nod and a smile as he winked at me.

Exasperated with how Sev seemed to be either helping me out or playing me. Either way my rattled, overwrought nerves were already way over the edge just coming here and asking for this favor.

And my inability to stop myself from blurting out the first sarcastic remark that came to mind, was definitely not helping me out. Remember who you're talking to Antonella, I mentally screamed as a reminder to myself.

Now being in the presence of this extremely intimidating, terrifying and beyond sexually stimulating man had my whole being pulsating with an uncontrollable tingling, electric rush and I wasn't sure if I wanted to like it or not.

"How about this Ms. De Luca?" Marco's husky, lustful voice brought me back to focus on the situation at hand. "So you don't feel like you're being short changed in our arrangement or being used as my... what did you say... 'sparkling eye candy'." Narrowing his amused expression as he repeated my words back to me with a devious smirk.

Biting down on my bottom lip, stopping my mouth from unleashing yet another witty, smart ass remark at his over confident and egotistical tone. Raising my eyebrows at him I waited for him to continue.

"For every social event or gathering that I will require your attendance..., I will take... ten thousand dollars off of your debt to me." leaning back in his chair, he clasped his hands together as his blue eyes watched my every move and reaction intensely.

"What?" breathing out in shock, dumbfounded, not completely sure I heard him correctly expression. Did he just seriously offer to pay me to go out with him? "You're not serious are you?" still trying to wrap my head around the fact that he basically just propositioned me.

"Deadly." He breathed in a cool, calm manner. His handsome face shifted back to the blank, emotionless stare that he had when he first entered the room.

"If you're willing to pay someone to be your date... then hire a professional. I'm not a prostituta." Making sure to sneer out the last word with disgust at his so called proposal. {Prostitute}

"I never said you were." Marco replied in a low, menacing growl. "I'm being nice here... offering you a way to pay off your debt a little faster, by letting you be my 'sparkling eye candy'." he added in a patronizing tone.

Clenching my jaw and biting down on the inside of my cheek, so hard I could taste the salty, coppery taste of my own blood. Fighting the urge to lash out and slap this arrogant, handsome man right across the face.

His determined, stubborn eyes met my gaze as I glowered at him, and I knew no matter how hard I protested or refused I would still end up escorting him to these 'social events', only I wouldn't get paid, so to speak.

"Twenty thousand." Countering his offer, I wasn't just going to roll over at his first offer, not without negotiating first.

Marco's eyes widened as they lite up with delight at my response, before turning to cast a smirk toward his brother, who leaned back in his chair snickering at our interaction. Focusing, I kept my eyes trained on Marco, refusing to look away, showing him just how serious I was.