The Debt

Frozen in fear or quiet possible lust, I wasn't sure which at this point. I watched completely mesmerized as Marco's alluring mouth moved, yet I couldn't hear the words coming out of his perfect lips.

I was in a complete state of shock at how beautiful, this menacingly scary man in front of me was.

"Ell." Sev's voice cut through the haze in my brain, waving a hand in front of my face.

Flinching back, I realized that I had been staring at Marco for an undisclosed amount of time, as he looked right back at me with his eye brows raised in amusement.

"Sorry." Mumbling as I tore my eyes from Marco's handsome face.

Turning my focus to my hands in my lap as they twisted in embarrassment that I was blatantly staring at Marco Greco with a burning sexual desire to ravage him, the new 'Boss' to the Greco crime family.

What the hell is wrong with me?

"You wanted to speak with me, Miss De Luca." Marco's low, husky pantie dropping voice asked as he leaned back in his desk chair, crossing his left leg to rest on his right knee.

"Y-yes..." stuttering, slowing raising my eyes to meet his again.

Be strong Antonella, you're here for business and to beg for a favor. FOCUS I mentally screamed at myself as I stared at this far to handsome man. If I wasn't sure he was pure blooded Italian, I could have sworn he was a Greek God reincarnated.

"Proceed." he demanded, waving a hand out for me to speak.

"I was informed..." gulping down my nervousness, sitting up straighter in the plush, leather chair. "That... uh, my father's debt... was called in." I was stammering so badly I was hoping he understood what I was saying.

"Gregorio De Luca, right?" he asked, masking any emotion that he might have been feeling.

"Yes." Whispering, shooting a glance to Sev who was leaning back in his chair, pursing his lips as if trying to control himself from saying something that could get him in trouble.

"He owns De Luca's Bakery and Delicatessen." Stating as if he already knew the answer, he just wanted to hear me confirm the information.

"That's right." Nodding my head as I watched for some kind of change in his mannerisms or expression, but found none. He was very much a man in control of his every emotion.

"Are you aware of how much money your father owes my family? and how long he's owed it?" Marco demanded in a cool, all business like tone.

Shaking my head, I licked my dry lips and noticed that for a second, just a brief second, his eyes had flickered from my eyes to my lips and back again. Sitting up in his chair, he leaned forward to rest his clasped hands on his desk.

"Fratello. Get De Luca's file." He commanded without a single glance to his brother, who jumped up and headed back out the door that they had both came into the office through. {Brother}

"You have a file on him?" I breathed, shocked that my father's dealings with the Greco family required his own file.

I've always known that he and Uncle Carmine have been friends since long before I was born, but I didn't know he associated with the family beyond that. Especially not to the point of having his own file with who knows what kind of information inside.

"We have a file on everyone that interacts or deals with the family." He snipped in a dominate tone as his eyes narrowed on me, letting me know that I shouldn't ask any more questions.

Not able to hold my tongue, I blurted out. "So you'll start a file on me then?"

"What makes you think I don't already have one." He retorted back raising his eye brow at me with a pleased expression, probably because my mouth popped open in shock.