The Defiance

Balling my hands up into fists, I started to punch the expense leather seat I was shoved into as I let a string of snarling obscenities fly freely through my clenched teeth.

After a few uncontrollable moments of unleashing some of my built up anger and lustful frustration, I suddenly remembered that I was not alone in this vehicle.

"Feel better?" Nicco's gruff, yet amused voice called from the front seat as he glanced into the rearview mirror to talk to me, with an entertained expression.

"Not really." Mumbling out my response as my cheeks reddened at the fact that someone witness my not so little outburst of rage.

"Alright... well the Boss said to take you anywhere you needed to go. So where to?" he chuckled slightly, turning his attention back to the road and traffic in front of us.

Scowling with irritation that Marco forced me to take this unwanted ride. Glaring out the window, I suddenly recalled that he said that Nicco was to take me where ever I wanted to go, pursing my lips to conceal the smile now forming. I crossed one leg over the other and leaned back into the comfortable leather seat.

"Well... I need to go to the next bus stop." Stating my request firmly, folding my arms over my chest in defiance.

"I don't think that's what the Boss meant, Antonella." Nicco insisted, his unfazed, narrowing brown eyes shot back to look back at me as he stopped at a red light.

"Marco did say where ever I needed to go... right?" replying with a sweet smile and flutter of my lashes.

"He did." Nicco grounded out through clenched teeth, seeing the loop hole I made for myself in his Bosses intrusive, demanding request.

"Excellent... so the next bus stop. Please." Widening my satisfied grin and looking out the window to avoid his now blazing, angry eyes currently staring me down.

"As you wish... Ms. De Luca." Nicco growled as he started to pull over to the next covered bus stop coming up.

I felt a little guilty, only a little at the fact that I was most likely putting Nicco in a situation where he would have to face Marco's wrath. Unfortunately for Nicco, the aggravation and rebelliousness in me was pumping all through my veins, fueling my desire to defy Marco's every demand.

Stopping the Phantom a few feet from the bus stop, Nicco swiftly exited the car and came around to open my door. Only I wanted to instill the fact that I could do things for myself, including opening my own door.

I swung open the door just as Nicco rounded the front of the SUV and quickly escaped the far too comfortable confines I was forced into. With a slam of the door and a quick mocking smile of appreciation, I purposely walked toward the covered bus stop and looked to see when the next bus was scheduled to arrive.

Sighing with relief and just dumbfound luck that the next bus scheduled to arrive was in the next five minutes. Looking around I saw that there were a handful of people already gathered to catch the same bus. Two ladies dressed like they were ready for their shift at one of the hospitals and a couple of teenage boys, who were eyeing something behind me.

Hesitantly I glanced back out of the corner of my eye and saw that Nicco had gotten back into the Phantom, but had yet to pull away from the curb. Far too curious to let it go, I turned my head to see that he was talking animatedly to himself, before realizing that he was probably talking through the SUV's phone.

Fear clenched my stomach tightly, I should have known that he would report my little act of defiance and attitude to Marco, his 'Boss'. How the hell do you keep forgetting who you're dealing with here, Ell? Screaming the question at myself.