'The Boss'

Hesitantly I walked toward the club's building. Pausing just long enough to look up at the bright crimson red Carmine's sign sitting above of the double doors.

Gulping against the nervous lump forming in my throat, I took a couple deep breathes, straightened my shoulders and headed straight for the bouncer manning the door.

"Excuse me." trying to sound determined and forceful, only for my voice to betray me and come out as a squeak.

The big, burly man barely glanced down at me from his clipboard as the people standing inline started to grumble their annoyance for me walking right passed them to the front of the line.

Shooting a glare over my shoulder, I turned back to rude bouncer. "Hey... I need to talk to Mr. Greco." this time putting force behind my words, even as fear and anxiety gripped at me.

"Everyone wants to talk to him, sweetheart." he smirked looking over my head to scan the crowd, still barely acknowledging me.

"I'm sure they do, but it's not like that." rolling my eyes at his assumption of me wanting Mr. Greco for any other reason, then business. "I have a business proposition for him...Just inform him that Antonella De Luca needs to speak with him.., Please." the man scowled down at me seeing that I wasn't going to go away anytime soon, before growling and pulling out a walkie talkie.

"Hey, it's Dino at the front door." he called into the walkie.

"What's up Dino?" another male voice crackled over the speaker.

"Yeah there's a persistent girl standing here wanting to talk to the Boss." Dino replied glaring down at me, as I scoffed at him for referring to me as a girl. I'm 22 years old thank you very much, I mentally snapped at him.

"Tell him my name." I insisted wanting to get this whole thing done and over with.

Especially before I panicked and left. I've known Mr. Greco my whole life and he was always kind to me, but still coming to speak business with him was a terrifying prospect.

Rolling his eyes. "She says her name is De Luca..., Antonella De Luca." he grumbled, clearly annoyed with my continued persistence.

"Hold on." the voice crackled. I stood fidgeting uncontrollably, biting my lip hoping that Mr. Greco would at speak to me or at least hear me out.

"Send her up." the voice crackled moments later. Sighing I let out the breath I was holding, thankful that Mr. Greco agreed to see me.

"Come on." Dino snarled, obviously hating that I got my way. Gripping my black leather jacket, pulling it closer to me, I followed along behind the big man. "Richie... watch the door." he snarled shoving the clipboard at the guy standing in the coat check area, flirting with the coat check girl as we breezed through the room.

"Ya got it Dino." the guy smirked glancing toward me before winking as I passed.

Shaking my head, I couldn't stop myself from thinking that coming here was a really bad idea, but I needed to take care of this, for my father and my family.

Silently following behind Dino as he led us through the club, I sized him up, he had to be at least 6'6", close to 300 lbs of pure muscle, wearing grey slacks, a dark blue dress shirt covered in a matching grey suit jacket. Definitely an intimidating guy, just from his size alone.

Trying to keep up with his fast strides, I quickly glanced around the club taking in it all in. The main area was huge, the bar covered the whole length of the wall to the left, the wall was lit up with flashing lights of blue, red, purple, green show casing the mass amounts of liquor that was displayed.