first

I was so excited when I was given the chance to be a trainee for BigHit. It was always my dream to sing professionally and although I have a lot to learn, it really feels like a first step toward that goal. It was hard getting through that audition process and leaving home to move into a dorm to go to classes for voice and dance.  I have a really strong voice already, but it needs training as they said, but I've never been more than just 'good' at dance.  I know it's important to not just be a good dancer but to be an excellent dancer.  There are a ton of girls, younger than me, who have a nice voice, or who excel at dance, but I have to be able to do both really well, and look damn fine doing it in order to really get a shot at doing this professionally, and maybe, one day, being famous.

It sounds like a dream, but I'm willing to work for it, hard.  I moved away from my parents home with basically a bag of clothing, and a few books. I knew I wouldn't have space to bring much with me but there are a few books I can't be without. I moved into the dorm with a bunch of other trainees. None of us are sure exactly what the company has planned for us, whether they will form some of us into groups, or whether some will be solo artists, and of course some will just be sent home, so it will help my situation to be friendly with everyone, and to get really good, really quickly at everything. The other girls all seem to have been there for a while and are probably leery to have a new person coming in who might be competition, but I am trying to be open to new friendships so I will keep my mouth shut and just wait and see.

I've been told to meet my new dance mentor in a studio close to my dorm for our first lesson.  I'm a bit nervous and the other girls who live in the dorm haven't been too reassuring. They all complain about how hard their dance teachers are on them and how much they ache after practice. None of them have said anything really positive about the experience but I know I need this so I'm determined to go into the first lesson with a positive attitude and ready to work.

I get to the studio extra early and it's locked. I have to ask a security guard to let me into the space and he looks at me suspiciously.

"Kim Sun Hee," I tell him, holding up my ID. "I am scheduled to practice in this space with my new teacher." He reluctantly lets me in.

"This door stays locked. You come out, you have to come to me to get back in," he tells me very sternly.

I nod at him and as he shuts me into the room I salute him in mock respect. Jeez it's just a dance rehearsal space its not a bank vault. I turn to the wall of mirrors and start stretching. I look at myself and my form as I stretch. I'm wearing my new workout clothing in a lovely shade of purple. I spent all the last of my savings to get something that would look good but I could still work out in it. I hope my new teacher likes to see me in this outfit because she's going to see it every day until I get more money. I lower down to stretch my calf muscles and am turned with my back to the door when I hear it open.

"Well that's a nice view." I hear a deep voice say. I drop my head between my legs to see the upside down figure of a tall man walking toward me.  I jump up, spinning around startled. The man keeps walking toward me, and I notice he's wearing work out clothing and he has a bottle of water.

"I'm sorry, I'm supposed to have a lesson in this studio," I tell him.  I look closer at his face and realize he looks familiar. As a big boxy smile appears across his face I realize I know him. Well, I know of him! "Kim Taehyung?" I ask, almost unable to believe it.

He smiles, "Did they not tell you I was your mentor?" he asks. He laughs at the stunned look on my face. "I guess not. It's pretty well known that this is my chosen studio to practice in."

"It's just that I thought my teacher would be female," I say confused.

"Don't you think I can teach you anything?" he asks teasing. He's standing very close to me, looking me over. My mouth is still agape. I still can't believe I'm alone in a room with him.

"Oh, I'm sorry Taehyung sunbaenim, I didn't mean anything by that. I know you are an amazing dancer, the best. I can learn so much from you," I ramble on. His eyes narrow as he studies me.

"That's better. What's your name?"

"Kim Sun Hee, but I'm going to call myself Sunny. It means bright, happy and warm," I explain.

He nods, "I'll call you Sunny then. Can I watch you stretch?"

What a question?! I wonder, eyeing him. I stand up straight and start a routine of stretching in front of him. He just stands there perfectly still watching me.

"I'm a little bit nervous to do this in front of you," I admit to him.

He moves closer, "I'll do it with you then." His hands drop to my hips as he stands close behind me. His fingers touching me sends a tingle through every nerve in my body and I think he can feel the shudder. I see a little smile form on his lips as he watches our reflection in the mirror.

"Are you still nervous Sunny?" he asks speaking so softly and slowly I can feel his breath on the back of my neck. I nod, holding my breath. He reaches up and takes hold of my hand raised high above me, and he runs his fingertips down the side of my arm, barely touching my skin, raising goosebumps, sliding down the side of my body, brushing against every curve down to to my waist. He slides his hand over my hip, gripping it and pulls me back, pressing his body into me. The feeling is intense, and I am frozen with the thrill of his body so close, his hands holding me.

"Am I your bias?" he whispers, his lips close to my ear.

I close my eyes, nearly overwhelmed with the feel of his warmth. I nod slowly, my head tilting back onto his shoulder. Time stands still as I wait to see what will happen next.

"I knew it!" he yells spinning me around to face him abruptly. He's laughing. I look at him with shock and humiliation. I got totally caught off guard and now he's standing in front of me, laughing at me. "I'm ready to make you work now," he says cruelly ignoring the look of horror on my face.

"The bastard!" I think to myself.