Chapter 9

Chaemin's POV

An officer soon announces that we're about to land soon. I pick up my backpack to make sure that everything's in there.

Just then, the officer says that there's going to be turbulence. Turbulence? Uh oh. I've been told that turbulence gets pretty bad. But according to Taeyong, it's not that bad, and he's even survived a whole flight of it. But he's used to it.

I'm about to make sure that it really isn't that bad, when I get cut off by the wind throwing me to the right side of the plane. I almost bang my head against the window cover, which is down, but I manage to put my arm between my head and the cover.

My heart starts beating erratically, and my head feels light. Is this the legendary turbulence, which "isn't that bad"? I think something is wrong with Taeyong. Maybe he's just immune to turbulence. I glance over at him and see him sitting there with his arm crossed, as if he isn't in a plane being tossed arund by powerful winds, but instead in one that's peacefully soaring through a perfect day. That's kinda scary.

After about half an hour, an officer finally makes the announcement that I've been waiting to hear: "The turbulence is over. We will be landing very soon. Please turn off all electronics, open your windows, and make sure that your seat belts are buckled, and prepare for landing."

I open my window and make sure that my phone is turned off and my seat belt is buckled. I look over and see that Taeyong's already done it all. Is this what going on a million airplanes does to you?

After a few minutes, I look out my window and get my first good look of Seoul from above. I watch as the airplane gradually descends towards the cars and buildings of Seoul. I can already tell that I'm going to like this city more than I thought.

As the wheels of the plane finally come into contact with the runway, I'm overwhelmed by a lot of different emotions. 

On one hand, I'm glad to finally get off the plane - It wasn't bad, but it wasn't good, especially the turbulence.

But on the other hand, I met TAEYONG on this flight! And I found out how nice he really is in person. I still can't believe my luck. And I most definitely don't want to leave him and go off on my own life. The only way I'll ever see him again is if I go to an NCT or SuperM concert - very likely, since I'll probably miss him so much that I'll have to go to one, even if I don't get to actually talk to him.

I sigh. Taeyong's probably going to forget about me after this. Ah, the life of a fangirl. If you're lucky enough to meet your idol and see their real personality, you're never going to forget about it.

Soon, the airplane comes to a stop next to the tunnel that'll lead us into the airport.

"Please make sure that you have all of your personal belongings with you. When you get into the airport, your luggage will be on the belt conveyor to the right. Thank you for riding with Korean Air. We hope to see you again soon."

After an officer makes the final announcement, I internally sigh and pick up my backpack, and then make sure that everything is inside it. To my left, I see that Taeyong is also checking for all of his stuff.

As I'm taking my phone out of my backpack so I can text my parents as soon as we get off the plane, Taeyong says, "Well, it was nice meeting you, Chaemin. I hope I'll see you again."

OMG, he wants to see me again? Probably not, he's just being nice. "It was nice meeting you, too, Taeyong. Thank you for working hard and please take care of yourself," I say. 

What was that, Chaemin? "Thank you for working hard and please take care of yourself?"

"Ah, thank you. I hope you have a good time in Korean. Bye!" he says, bowing to me. I bow back and say bye to him, too. Then he turns around and leaves our little cube area.

I sigh. Putting on my backpack, I check one last time to make sure that I didn't leave anything behind, and then I, too, start weaving my way through the seats to exit the plane.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I wish I could meet Taeyong in real life. 😔

Thanks for reading!