Chapter 52

Taeyong's POV

"Do you want to go back now?" I ask Chaemin. We've been here for about an hour, and the shop is closing soon.

This whole time, I've just been talking to her while Johnny sits there, smiling at his phone. When he does this, it usually means that he's got something up his sleeve, but I'll leave him be.

"Sure, am I going home?" she questions.

"You should come back to the dorm with us. Doyoung said that he bought some kind of movie and he wants you to come watch it with us," Johnny cuts in.

"Um, it's kinda late..." she trails off hesitantly.

"Please?" he pleads.

"Fine, I'll stay for a while," she finally decides. I order Doyoung and Haechan coffee really quickly, since they'd be upset if I didn't. Thanks for telling them, Johnny.

Then we return to the car and start heading back to the dorm.

"Hi! How was it being a third wheel, Johnny?" Haechan greets us as soon as I unlock the door. If I see this kid for one more minute...

"I was so lonely!" Johnny cries dramatically. I roll my eyes and take off my jacket and shoes. Chaemin seems to understand that this is normal behavior and follows my example.

"We're not dating," she mumbles.

"So, Doyoung supposedly has some kind of new movie?" I say, raising an eyebrow. This doesn't seem like the kind of thing that Doyoung would do.

"Oh! Yeah, about that..." he trails off, casting a panicked look at Johnny.

"Don't tell me that you forgot to download it, Doyoung!" Johnny scolds. This whole thing is way too scripted.

"Yeah, I forgot to download it! I guess that we'll just have to watch a movie that we already have!" Doyoung agrees.

We end up actually watching a random movie and eating snacks because Doyoung made us, and also Haechan was whining about it and Chaemin gave in.

~Time Skip~

"Oh my goodness, it's already 11! How unfortunate!" Doyoung exclaims a few minutes after the movie ends.

"I guess this means that it's too late for us to take Chaemin back!" Johnny remarks.

"What shall we do?" Haechan asks.

"Oh no! I think Chaemin will have to stay here!" Doyoung gasps. I can't help but notice that all three of them seem like they're in on some kind of plan.

"Uh, is that... okay?" Chaemin asks, looking just as confused as I am.

"You can sleep with Taeyong, since he has no roomate, and you're closest to him!" Haechan suggests randomly. My face turns red at the thought. Are they setting this up?

After a bit of discussion, I finally give in. It's not that I don't want to, and I hope Chaemin doesn't take this the wrong way, it's just so sudden.

"So..." Chaemin says as we stand in my room awkwardly.

"Here, you can, um, take this," I stutter, tossing a pair of sweatpants and a T-shirt onto my bed.

"Thanks," she says and then disappears into the bathroom.

I take this time to calm down, and then go in search of Johnny hyung. I find him in his room, sitting on his bed with Haechan in the other one.

"Please help me," I beg.

"With what?" Johnny asks, looking up.

"What am I even supposed to do?" I ask desperately.

"Dude, just go with the flow," he responds like it's that easy. I sit there for a while, hoping that he'll say something else, but he just continues with whatever he's doing on his phone.

I decide that these two are going to be of no help and return to my room to find that Chaemin's finished showering.

I take a shower myself, changing and also going through my skin care routine.

"I told my mom that I'm staying here tonight," Chaemin informs me once I come out of the bathroom.

"Alright, is she okay with it?" I ask.

"She's delighted that I've made new friends," she laughs.

"So... should I sleep on the floor?" I ask awkwardly, rubbing the back of my neck.

"But like you have practice tomorrow, right?" she frowns.

"Yeah, but..." THIS IS SO AWKARD HELP

"We can both sleep on the bed, I don't bite," she laughs, pulling me towards my bed.

"O-okay," I stutter, turning out the lights so she can't see how flustered I am.

"Good night," she mumbles from the right side of the bed.

"Good night," I yawn.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

What have I done

I woke up to 30k reads HOW did we get here tysm 💚

Thanks for reading!