Chapter 69

Chaemin's POV

"Bye! Good luck!" I call, waving at all 23 of the members as they trail out the door in an endless single file line.

"Bye Chaemin!" they respond, hurrying up the steps to the stage.

I sit down and go over all of the things that I have to do for the outfit change so I'll be ready when they come piling back in.

"You got yourself a good man," one of my fellow stylists remarks, taking a seat next to me and smiling.

"Hm? Oh, Taeyong? Yeah, he's really nice," I agree, not sure where this is going.

"No, I'm talking about the look on his face for the past half an hour. Did you see it?" she clarifies, laughing.

I think back to earlier. Oh, right, he looked pissed. Like, he actually looked so mad about the fact that I wasn't paying attention to him.

But obviously, being the nice person he is, he didn't point it out and just stood there, seething. That was kind of mean of me, wasn't it?

"Yeah, I guess he was being protective," I shrug, laughing along.

"Yep, he's pretty chill. Anyways, I'm going to go prepare for the next outfit change, so... see you later!" the stylist waves.

I stay seated, running the changing process through my head again. Man, being a stylist isn't easy at all, especially if it's your first time.

There's so much that you have to do, and you have to make sure to do it properly. The success of the stage partially depends on the outfits, too, so if something goes wrong on your part, it's pretty scary.

I can bet that it's a million times harder for new stylists who have to worry about being nervous, too. Luckily, I know NCT pretty well, so I can just relax and do my thing.

The music blasting from the stage wraps around my ears, my head automatically nodding along to the rhythm. My eyes are focused on the small screen attached to the wall where I can watch the performance live.

A few minutes later, the first part finishes off, and the sound of stampeding footsteps intensifies outside the door. Here we go.

"CHAEMIN!!!" Chenle shrieks, bursting into the room with a chain of people behind him.

"Hi, Chenle! Take this and go change," I tell him, handing him a bag before he can cause too much trouble. Better to keep him busy than not.

"This one's yours," I inform Taeyong, passing him a bag and briefly making eye contact with him, before moving on to distribute everything to the other members.

I cast a quick glance in his direction and see him make a sad expression and then walk away. Aww, I wish I could be with him but I'm busy right now.

I guess the stylist was right about him being a good protective boyfriend. It's kinda funny, not gonna lie, but it is a little mean too.

I decide to continue with avoiding him just to see what happens, so I walk over to Jaehyun and start redoing his makeup. 

As I just stand there, doing my job, I can feel the gaze of my boyfriend burning into my back. I quickly finish up what I'm doing and straighten up, about to go check up on Taeyong because I feel bad.

"Chae!" a voice calls out from the other side of the room. I stand up to see Johnny, waving at me. Not sure what he's trying to do with the nickname...

"Did you just call her Chae?" Taeyong questions, lifting his head from his hand. The stylist doing his hair tells him to stay still, so he does, but the annoyed expression is still there. Well, I guess another stylist got there first, so I'll just take care of Renjun.

"Yeah, do you have a problem?" Johnny retorts. This man is basically asking to be murdered right here and right now.

"Actually, I do," my boyfriend mutters.

"Jealous much?" Johnny laughs.

"Please stop before I rip your head off," Taeyong growls, his voice laced with anger. Thankfully, Johnny seems to get that he's done enough teasing and stops.

I rush around, going through last minute preparations, then send everyone on their way. As Taeyong passes me, he randomly kisses me on the cheek, then disappears through the door.

I realize my face is pink again. Why does he have this effect on me?

I love him.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Here's your savage Chaemin

ALSO THANKS FOR 60K LIKE I-
💚💚💚💚

Thanks for reading!