Chapter 64

Taeyong's POV

"NCT'S TAEYONG SEEN WITH GIRLFRIEND?"

I sigh as I read the headline of the article. Of course. Dispatch has finally caught on, and now we've been exposed. Some drama is about to go down.

I know a little about Dispatch's yearly couple reveals and things on New Year's, but I didn't think that Chaemin and I would get caught up in it.

I mean, we literally just got together, on New Year's Eve. I guess they couldn't wait until later and decided it was a good time to ruin life.

The most annoying part is, it's basically inevitable. For all I know, the woman walking down the street right now could work for Dispatch, and I wouldn't know.

Scrolling down, I can see that there are already a million other articles, only adding to the rumors and theories. Our managers are not going to be happy about this at all.

Speaking of managers, our managers aren't too happy about the fact that I'm dating Chaemin. After I gave them a speech on personal freedom and rights, they accepted it.

There's no official dating ban or anything. I don't think our company has a problem with us dating. But they do have a problem with us getting caught, which is exactly what happened to me and Chaemin.

I already know how this is going to go down. There are going to be the fans who are supportive, the fans who hate on Chaemin, and the fans who think the whole thing is fake, or even the fans who don't care at all.

Clicking on the article, I scan over a photo of me and Chaemin at that amusement park, the first date we went on after she became my girlfriend.

Luckily, you can barely tell that the person in the picture is me, and Chaemin's face is completely hidden. The photo was probably taken from afar, so the quality is awful.

The next photo is of us holding hands and walking in a parking lot. Come on, I didn't think Dispatch even knew about that park. Again, the quality isn't great, so we're safe for now.

Just then, I get a notification that Chaemin's texted me.

Chaemin ❤️
well this is nice isn't it

Me
ikr
dispatch loves us

Chaemin ❤️
the fandom is going off about it already
nice

Me
wait really
already?

I scroll through some articles, and everyone's reacting just how I predicted them to. To my relief, most of them are supportive and trying to talk some sense into the rest of the fandom.

Then there's the hate comments. The "Who is this girl," "She doesn't deserve him," "Taeyong is MINE," along with some other rude things.

Me
don't listen to them
you're amazing

Chaemin ❤️
lmao I wasn't going to anyways
haters gonna hate they just jealous
but thanks

Me
we could deny that it was us
i'm not sure what the quality of the picture is

Chaemin ❤️
naw we should just let them go off about it
I don't care anyways

I smile at her reaction. Honestly, I believe her, because Chaemin isn't the type of person to get upset over what other people think about her.

Me
another thing to love about you

Chaemin ❤️
wow so smooth

Me
;)
i figured out what this is btw ;)

Chaemin ❤️
"I don't know what that means, Johnny hyung sends it all the time"
Sound familiar?

Me
ANYWAYS
moving on

Chaemin ❤️
so what are we doing about this?

Me
wait for my managers to go off about it
SM is probably just going to be silent about it

Chaemin ❤️
alright they do whatever they want
and we can just do us :)
yknow

Me
good plan

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Chaemin ain't no weak girlfriend

Also, thank you to the reader who explained Dispatch to me!

Thanks for reading!