Chapter 22

Chapter 22: Yet Again, We See This Fate

I titled the page with Diary Entry #3 and the date.

I explained everything that happened in the last few weeks including the police station a week ago, the football game, and more. I found it hard to write, because what happened last week was scarring.

I can't believe he was in handcuffs. I can't believe he could do that to someone. I can't believe he did all of those terrible things right under my nose. I just can't believe any of it.

The sad thing is, he promised me that we would last forever in those weeks after the football game. Okay, let me explain who he is, exactly.

•••

The face of the boy who had given me his jersey a week or two before appeared in front of me. Yet today he had extreme dark circles under his eyes and a scratch cutting from the top of his nose to the middle of his cheek. He saw me and looked ashamed of himself. Out of the corner of my eye, I saw Matt bite his lip at the sight of Cameron.

"I know that you know, Wilson," Cameron sneered in Matt's direction, using his last name.

"I can't believe someone can be so evil," Matt murmured to himself, yet I still heard it.

I realized that if he said that, it must be worse than what his dad did, and Cameron isn't like that, right?

"Well I don't care what anybody thinks anymore!!" he yelled at Matt. "I DON'T CARE IF I HAVE A DEATH SENTENCE!!!"

"W-what do you mean?" I squeaked.

He looked at me, and tears appeared in his eyes, "I'm sorry. I loved you, but I still did this...I'll miss you most. I'll miss you so much, Faith. You are perfect in every way, and don't let anyone think otherwise. I'm sorry I was such a terrible person." He was slurring his words and was definitely under the influence.

Just seeing him so sad made me almost completely break down, but I held back as many tears as I possible could. I thought back to our unspoken promise that we would try and stay together as long as possible. I thought about how much I'd miss texting him at midnight, and walking home from school with him. I couldn't believe he'd soon be gone forever. I don't care if he did something completely and utterly terrible. I've always been known for my selfish-ness, and that wasn't about to change now.

Thinking all of these things made me burst into tears, while I heard Cameron repeatedly saying how sorry he was, how much he'd miss me, and how much he loves me. Sure, we were together for a short time, but it's still sad knowing he'd never come back, ever.

Dylan put his arm around me to comfort me, but it just made me feel worse. I felt as though I could barely breath, and before I knew it, the whole world was just blackness. I woke to Riley leaning over me in my house.

"Guys! She woke up!" she called out to the rest of the house, and in came running Dylan, Matt, and my mom.

"What happened?" I wondered aloud.

"You passed out," my mom whispered, and it all came back to me. Tears filled my eyes, and I could hardly believe anything anymore. My whole world felt graver than usual, and I just kept crying and crying.

I didn't go to school or any tennis lessons for a week, and once that long week was over, Matt came over and told me what Cameron did. Once again, I couldn't believe a single word of it, yet I still deep down knew it was true, because otherwise, Cameron's funeral wouldn't be in two days.

•••

I know, I know, sad chapter. Tell me anything you felt while reading this, whether good or bad.

Meg-pin😅