Chapter 21

Chapter 21: Probably Grounded...

"C'mon, it's for your safety," I urged.

"Fine," he tugged at his sweatshirt sleeve.

We walked over to our table, and I quick grabbed Dylan and pulled him across the room. I explained this whole situation, and he offered up the use of his car to get there. He asked about Riley, as predicted, and I told him that Matt would hopefully get the confidence to tell her right about now.

While Matt was having his first emotional moments with my best friend across the room, I called my mom and told I'd get a ride home, so she doesn't have to drive me.

"Honey, what is going on?"

"I'm going to be just a little late home, so my friend Dylan will drive Riley and I," I explained.

"Tell me why you will be home late," she commanded.

"I'll tell you when--"

"No! Tell me now, or you get grounded!" she yelled. Usually, she doesn't get this angry over these things.

"This is really serious mom, I can't just tell you this on the phone," I pleaded.

"No."

"Mom."

"I'm coming to get you, now," she said right before she hung up.

Dylan gave me a concerned look, as if hearing my mother's yelling on the other side of the phone, and I just said, "We need to go, now."

He nodded and made sure Riley and Matt were done talking. Conveniently enough, they were. I practically sprinted out of the fast-food restaurant, and didn't even reply to the workers when they told us to have a nice night. I usually reply to them, just to be nice, but this was important. I couldn't just waste my time on them, as rude as that sounds.

Dylan's car was one of the only cars there, and it was extremely easy to find. Although that was true, I couldn't believe that he had this car. It was a white Toyota Corolla 2014. I always expected him to have something completely different, but I guess what works, works.

His car didn't have a single scratch on neither the outside, nor the inside. it was clear-cut perfect. I was surprised a guy like him could keep it looking so nice, but let's get back to the topic at hand, get to the station.

It felt like the longest 5 minute car ride I've ever been on. When we finally got there, we were in a hurry to get everything done. Matt did all of the storytelling, while we were there as support. If he started getting tears in his eyes, we'd give him a quick group hug, and he'd usually stop crying. I felt terrible seeing him like that, so vulnerable. I hate when others saw me feeling any kind of intense emotion, because then they know what I react to. They'd know my weaknesses. That'd be a little too much for me.

When looking around the station, it was pretty empty, until...

•••

Thanks for reading! I hope you enjoyed this update. Tell me about your current reactions to this chapter in the comments, and see ya next time!

Mehegpeg😋