Chapter 27

Chapter 27: Crushed.

"Matt..." I quietly greeted, slowly making my eyes look up into his. God, I forgot how big and sad they always were.

"Hi Faith..." he said my name slowly, as if it could shatter and break if he wore it out too quickly. Although his voice could never break me, yet I still haven't figured out why.

"You better not screw this up for me," Dylan suddenly looked up at Matt.

"You don't even like her!" Matt yelled at him.

My heart was suddenly crushed. What does Matt mean by that?

"I like her more than ever! She's one of the most amazing girls I've ever met!"

"Then why did you agree to the pact?" Matt suddenly seemed scarily cold towards his adoptive brother.

Dylan furrowed his eyebrows, "I-I'm sorry," Dylan croaked out, looking at me, and ran away.

Dylan sprinted to his car, leaving my skates on the ground, and drove off faster than ever. Matt quickly grabbed my skates and put them down by my feet and when he looked back up at me, I felt things change. I pulled him in for a hug, finally realizing that I was crying. When we pulled away he told me everything that was going on, no matter how hard it was to hear it.

The plan, the jealousy, the revenge, and most of all, the hatred and love. I couldn't understand any of this.
I couldn't understand why it happened to me.

Just me.

Me, little old Faith.

Days later, my brain was still jumbled and couldn't forget a single second of the scene that had played out in front of me. I could both describe every second of it with a whole essay, but I could also just describe it as, the new change in Faith's life. You could've asked me any question about it, and I still would've known exactly how it all went down. Honestly, I could've recited it in my sleep if I wanted, yet in a way, I couldn't. The whole conversation was way to important for me to just let go, so when Jenn asked me how my weekend went, I said it was alright and I said nothing else.

I just couldn't get it out of my head.

•••

Thanks for reading, as always! I hope you liked the drama, and next chapter, I promise I will tell you what happened. Get it? I promise, get it? Hah, you probably don't.

Anyways, remember to vomment as always by telling me what you think happened •o•

Vomment = vote + comment

See ya later,

Meg-pin😝