Chapter 12

Chapter 12: There Was Most Likely A Layer Of Sweetness Carved Into Her Soul

"Ready as I'll ever be," I said, sitting down on the couch. I motioned for him to sit down too, and he did.

"Ok, this is going to be a lot," he cleared his throat before continuing. "Basically, I kind of just saw my mom die," Shocked, I opened my mouth to say something, but he cut me off. "My dad did it. He came home drunk, like he always used to, before my parents got a divorce. I was shocked when I saw him back, and he saw me too.

"He stumbled up to me, and threw some punches at me. All of them were in the stomach," he pulled up his shirt a little bit, and his stomach was a jungle of purple and blue. "When my mom saw it happening, she ran over and tried to help me. She told me she loved me, and that she most likely wouldn't make it out of this alive. I was confused at the least.

"Next, my dad pulled out a gun. My mom screamed at me to leave and save myself. I was hesitant at first, because I wanted to save her, but I ran as fast as I could. I heard gunshots as I left. Then, I found the alley you found me in. I sat there for an hour or two, hiding from my dad. After that, you showed up," he finished.

"I...uh,"

"It's ok if your speechless. I would be too, if I were you," he laughed grimly. "Anyways, I need a place to stay."

"If my parents let me, you can stay here,"I said.

"Dylan's mom knows me well. He actually lives pretty close to here. I could walk over there," he suggested.

"I guess you could do that if you want. Do you want me to walk with you on the way there?"

"Only if you want to."

•••

Dylan's house is beautiful, inside and out.

Apparently when we got there, Dylan wasn't home, so his mom invited us in. Her name is Samantha. It's kinda weird that she's here when he said they'd be going mini golfing, but it probably doesn't matter, right?

Even though she was probably about 45, she had a pretty large amount of wrinkles layering her face, and she had the typical grandma feel to her; she made us tea, and offered us cookies. She has hair at shoulder-length, and it is the same color as Dylan's. Also, she has the same eyes as him. Not going to lie, there was most likely a full coat of sweetness carved into her soul. Her voice was warm and reassuring. She made my body feel happier, even after all of the depressing things that have happened today.

Matt introduced me to her and she politely welcomed me. He told her his current situation, and she easily made the decision to let him stay there. Next, she told us she'd leave it as a surprise for Dylan.

While I was on my way out, she called in her sweet tone, "Goodbye! I hope you have a wonderful day."

"I had a great time, thank you! Goodbye, it was nice meeting you," I replied warmly.

"Wait," Matt's still slightly hoarse voice was the only thing that kept me standing there. I turned to him, and it turns out that he was standing right behind me.

Suddenly, he pulled me into a bone crushing bear hug, and whispered, "Thank you." I hugged him back. Once we separated, I shot him a smile, and was on my way out.

•End•

A/N: Thanks for reading! I hope you like this part. I know it was very depressing, and I'll try to lighten it up a bit in the near future!

How would you feel if you were Matt?

How do you think Dylan will react to this?

As always, tell me everything!!

See ya latehhhhhhhh,

Meheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeegan