Chapter 10: The Psychedelic G-strings

"Wait, what?" Jesse said. I looked at Johnson and he seemed totally thrilled. "Look, Skate was bugging Gilinsky so I drew attention away from the scene by telling him that we were entering Battle of the Bands. And now that I think about it, it sounds really fun." Jesse looked at us and bit her lip nervously. "Who'd be in our band and what would they play?" She asked. "Gilinsky can sing and play guitar, I can sing, Johnson can rap and play keyboard, and you can play bass." I said.

"Mmmm, what about a drummer. Bands don't sound as good without a drummer." I turned to Jack to see if he had any ideas. "I bet my friend Kenny wouldn't mind playing." I turned back to Jesse. "So, you guys in or not?" I asked. The room fell silent before Johnson spoke up. "Hell yeah." He laughed giving Gilinsky a fist pump. Jesse rolled her eyes. "Ok fine, I'm in." I jumped up and gave her a hug. Then suddenly we were interupted by my dad yelling, "MOM'S HOME!" From downstairs. 

We all ran out of my room and flung ourselves on the couch. My dad said that it was fine if we all went upstairs but he said he'd warn us when "the party pooper" was home. My mom set down her purse and immediatly saw Gilinsky and Johnson sitting on the couch. "I didn't realize that we were having company." She said in a nice tone. But I could see her why-the-hell-is-there-two-teenage-boys-in-my-living-room look. "Mom this is Jack Johnson and Jack Gilinsky." They stood up ahs shook her hand. 

"Actually Jesse and I were just leaving. But it was really nice meeting you." Johnson said looking at Jesse. "Bye Mrs. Olsin." Jesse waved. My mom grinned and then looked back at Jack. "Well Jack honey, are you staying for dinner?" She asked. I was completely thrown back. Was this my mother? My DAD even looked up at her in shock. "I mean, if I'm not getting in the way..." She smiled a genuine smile. "Of course not. I actually love cooking so I don't mind." She walked into the kitchen. 

Jack turned to me smiled. "She wants me." He laughed. "Ew gross." We laughed together. "Actually son, I think she wants me a little bit more than you." My dad chimed in. We all exchanged a good laugh and it felt amazing. It made me feel like my parents weren't as lame as I thought they were. My dad shared some of his old football stories with us after he found out that Jack was on the football team. 

"Yeah he has his first practice tomorrow." I mentioned. "That's awesome. What position do you play?" My dad asked. "Either right wing or quarderback." My father seemed pretty impressed by him which was amazing. Then finally, dinner was ready. We all sat down at the table and my mom started asking questions right away. "So, when did you two meet?" She took a bite of her salad. 

"Mmmmm, we met at the bus stop actually." Jack chuckled. "Really? What were you doing at the bus stop?" She asked me. "I went there the night when I ran out of the house." They both muted. "This is really good chicken Mrs. Olsin." Jack pointed out. "Yeah its really good mom." I said too. "Thank you. At least some people enjoy my food here." She nudged my dad while laughing. What was going on with this women? Is Jack compelling her or something?

I thought that now, since it didn't seem like she wanted to slice his throat open, maybe I should tell them about Jack and I being a couple. Better now than never. "Mom, dad, I have to tell you something." Their smiles slowley faded as they looked at me. "Jack and I...are dating." I searched my moms eyes first because my dad seemed totally fine with it. Actually, he was looking at my mom too. "Well congradulations. You finally broke her out of her shell." My mom chuckled. "So you guys aren't mad?" I asked to be sure. 

"Why would we be? Jack seems like a good guy. Funny." Jack blushed. "Thank you." He said while eating more chicken. "But I do have one final question for you Mr. Gilinsky." My dad sat up all straight and folded his hands together. Jack looked up from hisfood, a little frightened. "How are your grades?" Jack thought for a moment. "All A's and B's." He replied. "Ok, we approve." We shared another long laugh.

"Is it ok if we go upstairs to hang out for a little, please?" I asked my parents after dinner. "Yes. We trust you." My mom said while cleaning the dishes. "Thank you." I smiled. I closed my bedroom door behind us and Jack instantly attacked me with kisses. I tried to pull away but my laughter kept me to him. "Ja-jack, my p-parents." I laughed. I fell onto my bed as Jack kissed my neck. As much as I didn't want to get in trouble, I didn't want this to end either. He pulled away for a second. "I'm not taking my clothes off or anything." Then he went back to kissing my neck.

"Ugh Jack. Why do you do this to me." I giggled. He let go and stared down at me. I looked into his beautiful brown eyes for a while before he leaned down and kissed me gently. "Do you not want me to?" He grinned. "Oh fuck yeah but just not here." He chuckled and laid down next to me. "You wanna know what annoys me a shit ton?" He said as we were both looking at my blank ceiling. "What?" I asked.

"I hate when guys go after girls because they want sex. Its like, they don't even care who the girl is as long as she's got a vagina." I starting thinking about it. "You should get to know the girl first and then, when the time is right, have sex. It just bugs me." His head turned, as did mine, so that were both looking at each other. "Yeah, it's not a bargain on our half either." 

He stared at me for a moment and then lifted his hand up to move the hair out of my eyes. "But then there's you. When I saw you sitting on that bench, I automatically knew that you weren't there to ride the bus. You were unique ans something was just different. When I got home that night,  I took out my tic tacs container and just stared at it, knowing that one of the candies was consumed by the prettiest girl I've ever seen. I couldn't stop thinking about you. Then when I got switched into your class, I knew that I had to find a way to make you mine.

"And your smile just turns me on more than any size butt in the world. I'd give up my entire life for you in a heart beat." I never felt more emotional than I did right then and there. "And before you came along. I thought I was invisible. I thought that it was just going to be me, Jesse, and her boyfriend." My eyes were defiantly wet and my voice became very quiet. "You never were and never will be invisible to me." I smiled and kissed him passionatly. "I want to make you feel wanted." He said between our kiss.