Chapter 7: Skate Maloley

Jack's hand lightly hit Jesse's door three times. "You excited?" He asked. "Yeah totally. It'll be fun with just the 4 of us." I said. We heard Jesse shout from inside, "Be right there!" I chuckled and then turned back to Jack. Then an out-of-breath Jesse opened the door and invited us in. To the left was a bunch of pillows and blankets in front of the TV and to the right was a table full of snacks and drinks. "My mom went on a business trip for a few days so she won't be home tonight." She assured us with a seductive wink.

We headed to the kitchen and sat at the little island in the center the room. "So where's Johnson?" I asked her. "He got caught up in a basketball practice but he'll be here soon." She looked up at the two of us. "You know, my dad was always the one telling me about love and relationships. I don't know if it was because he knew that he and my moms relationship wouldn't work out before anything even happened but he would have took one look at you both and said something like, "Forever. Defiantly something not worth loosing."

I blushed a little as Jack placed his hand on my mine. "And my dad would say something along the lines of, "I ain't rasing no children, Jack. Don't let it come to that." Then he'd throw me a condom." I burst out laughing. "You have an interesting relationship with your father I see." Jesse chuckled. "Yeah you can say that." He grinned. Suddenly the doorbell sounded. "That must be MY date." Jesse said excitedly. A few moments later. Johnson walked in with his basketball jersey still on and his hair was a complete mess.

"Don't worry, I brought a change of clothes and a thing of Axe. I could see the way you're looking at me Gilinsky." Jack J laughed. Jesse went upstairs with Johnson to show him where the bathroom was located. "I don't think she'll ever come back down." I said looking over at the stairs. "Let's hope so." JAck said. I turned around to ask Jack what he meant by that but his lips were already attacking my face. I stood up since he was already standing so that we'd be even to each other.

His muscular hand found its way to my lower back and my body was pulled into him. My fingers gripped his hair and tugged lightly. We were in full makeout now. I don't know what Jack was thinking, nor myself, but I was in heaven. My fingers crawled under his shirt so I could feel the ridges of his stomache muscles. "Oh shit." I heard Jesse say. We let go. "Sorry... we thought you and Johnson would be up there for awhile." Jack winked. "Ew! Sick-o. One kiss, but then I pulled away because he smells like butt." 

I laughed. "You guys will have plenty of time to touch each other when we watch The Interview tonight." She grinned and went on the other side of the counter. Twenty minutes passed by before Johnson finally came downstairs. "Wow, you look like a new person." Jesse teased. "All for you baby." He kissed her and then turned to us. "So what's on the agenda for this evening?" He asked. "Follow me." Jesse answered.

We all followed her up the stairs and into her bedroom. We all sat and stared at her. "Let's chat!" She said cheerfully. "About what? How many cheerleaders wanted my number today?" Jack laughed as Jesse jabbed him in the side. "Dude, nioce." Gilinsky high-fived Johnson, making me give him an I'm-sitting-right-here-so-you-better-shut-the-fuck-up look but he just laughed. "I bet you wouldn't regret raping those girls now would'ya now haha!?" Johnson laughed but then his facial changed dramatically. 

Gilinsky mouthed the words "what the fuck" to Johnson and suddenly I wasn't too happy anymore. "What the hell did he mean by that Jack?" I asked Gilinsky. He didn't respond. "Johnson, what the he did you mean by that?!" I almost shouted. After reading Jack J's eyes it suddenly hit me. "Oh my god.." I muttered with tears forming in my eyes. 

"Lilah-" I backed away from him as he got closer. "Get the hell away from me." I cried. "Lilah please, let me explain." I hit the wall with my back and began to shake my head in disappointment. I was completely petrified because I had let my sefl fall for him. And just the thought of Jack doing something so sick and twisted just made me cry more. "I didn't do it, okay?" He said finally after struggling to keep me calm. (Think back to when Lilah's mom mentioned the rapist dude going around, in Chapter 1)

"Wha-" He cut me off. "I was blackmailed so now everyone thinks I was the one who did it. You know, the raping." I wanted to just sleep and wake up fresh. My mind ached from all the mixed messages. "W-who blackm-mailed you?" I stuttered. Jack took a breath and looked over at Johnson and Jesse who also looked stunned. He turned back to me and bit his lip. "His name's Skate Maloley." 

I had no idea who that guy was. "W-who's Skate Maloley?" I asked starting to calm down a little. Jack turned towards Johnson for help on who-knows-what. "You gotta tell her, Gilinsky." He said. Jack put his hand out to me and I nervously took it. He brought me over to Jesse's bed and we sat down. "Skate and I used to be buds. Hung out a lot. Then after his girlfriend dumped him he changed. He'd have new girls every other day. Then it got to the point where he started doing drugs.

"So I sat him down and told him straight up that he had to cut his shit out. To forget about girls, forget about Emily, his girlfriend, and just relax." He paused for moment. "He told me that I don't understand what it's like to get dumped by someone I love. So I started to snatch his cigerattes and throw them away. I continued hiding his drugs or disposing them and what not. He figured out it was me and then cussed me out." Tears were forming in his eyes and I felt really sorry for him.

"'Fuck off Gilinsky!' He said to me, "Stop taking my freaking drugs and leave me the fuck alone! I will make you feel my pain and maybe you then understand my fucking misery. You piece of shit." Jack wiped his eyes and I threw my arms around him to let him know that I forgave him. "That's when I met Johnson." I felt his grin on my shoulder as his head turned towards Johnson. "I was trying to change my Spanish grade to a B when I ran into Jack outside the school the night that Skate and Gilinsky fought. He was sitting on the steps crying and I couldn't help but sit down with him." 

Johnson chuckled. Jack let go and excused himself to go clean up. "Does Skate go to our school?" I asked Johnson. "Yeah, sadly." Jesse finally spoke up after a while. "That's so fucking messed up. Skate is such a dick." We nodded our heads in agreement and the room fell silent. Soon Jack re-emerged into the room. "God, I can't believe I let myself get all emotional in front of you guys. I'm sorry." He said after sitting next to me. 

"Jack, it's totally okay. Loosing a close friend is always hard." I rubbed his shoulder. "And I'm sorry for freaking out on you earlier." He had his hands folded between his legs and he had been staring at his shoes. His eyes looked over at me. "It's cool, you had the right to do so." The side of his lips curled up a little and then we both turned to Jesse and Johnson. "So, wanna watch a movie? It's getting dark out." Jesse said while standing up. "Yeah sure." We all said. 

We headed down stairs to " the cuddling area" and got comfortable. I curled up next to Jack as Jesse threw in the DVD and pressed play. Soon enough she and Johnson were cuddling too. My eyes were on the screen but my ears were to Jack. I could feel his chest move up and down with each breath and it made me sleepy. His arm was around me neck with his hand on my side and the other laid on the ground to his side. My eyes became heavy but I didn't want to sleep. 

I crained my neck to look up at his beautifully dippled chin but he must have felt me move because his brown irises shifted to me. He smiled and kissed my lips gently. "Go to sleep." He whispered. "That won't be a challenge." I whsipered back and wrapped my arms around his torso. I was out within seconds. 

I was standing in a hallway. Maybe a hotel floor but it was hard to tell. There were no doors. Just cream colored walls and a floral print carpet. I looked to my right and there stood Jack. He was yelling at me to run, run from what? I turned the other way to see some dude in black walking towards me. I ran to Jack and hid behind him. Jack threw a punch to the stranger, knocking him off his feet. "Stay the fuck away from her Skate. You hear me!?" He threatened. He put his arm around my shoulder and we walked down the hall. "I'm sorry you had to see that." He said looking around cautiously. "It's ok babe." I said. We got to the end of the hallway when suddenly a peircingly loud bang went off. I jumped and looked behind me. That same guy was holding a gun and it was pointing right at Jack. Suddenly Jack's body gave out next to me. I screamed in horror, cussing out the man with the gun. Jack's eyes were almost closed when he grabbed my hand and squeezed it. "I love you Lilah....kill...him.." Then his grip released. Water poured out of my eyes and I turned to, who apparently was, Skate. "You fucking coward!" I screeched. I took a random knife out of my pocket and chucked it at his chest. Skate fell to his knees and collapsed forward onto his face. I walked over to him slowley and then turned over his body. I broke down because the manwho was once Skate, now had Jack's face.

I woke up frightened. Jack came to life too. "Hey, whats wrong?" He whispered, turning my face to his. I looked at the time on my phone and it was nearly 1:00.