Chapter 6: Football Team

Finally, it was Friday, I'd go to school for the last time this week and then enjoy a nice party later. I walked down the hall way and headed to English. I made a quick stop at my locker first so I could grab my textbook and as I opened up my locker, a little note fell out. 

Lila,

Meet me at the back of the school after we get out. 

Yours truly, the tic-tac guy

I  smiled while reading the last part. Geez, he's such a nerd. I put the note in my pocket and then grabbed my book. I shut my locker and then headed to satan's chamber. When math rolled around I walked in to find Jack frantically scribbling on his paper. I couldn't quite see what he was doing but he sure as hell wasn't taking notes.

I took a seat and it didn't even look like he noticed. Finally, after about a minute he swiped his hand across the paper and then lifted it up into my view. "Does this look like a Palmeranian to you?" I studied it closely. "Um, I mean...it's a cute lion." I chuckled. "Damn, I got put into freaking art because I "need" to take an elective and that's all thats left and I have to know how to draw this freaking dog/zebra by next period!" He almost shouted. "Ok Gilinsky, take a deep breath and try and calm yourself down." I joked. He turned to me and smiled,slightly chuckling.

His perfectly straight teeth glittered in the reflection of the lights above us. They slowley disappeared but a grin was still visible. Then the bell rang causing me to look away. "Hey, did you get my note?" He whispered across to me. "Yes, I did. And yes, I will." I smirked. Thats when class proceeded. I ate lunch with Jesse and the Jack's and then went to my other shitty classes until BOOM, the day was done. 

People crowded the campus going from place to place and getting into car after car. Kids still hung around after school to just chill with there friends or whatever, so it was still pretty crowded. I sat on the edge of the grass and watched the football players fix up there gear. Today must be try out day since its the beginning of the year. Suddenly I felt a warmth by my ear and I turned slightly to see Jack's lips pressed against my cheek. "Hey." I said.

He released and sat beside me. We watched the football team pass the ball back and forth while the coach talked to some of the players. "So, why did you want me to meet you here?" I asked. He intertwined his fingers with mine and placed our hands on his knee. "I don't know, I just kind of felt like hanging out before the party, I guess." I could see him continuously eye the football players like he's itching to go out there. It was kind of sad to watch.

"Why don't you go try out?" I asked. He turned to me. "What? No." He denied. "Aw come on, you are just itching to go out there, and plus, this could get you out of art class." I nudged him. "I don't know. The coach probably won't even give me a try out." At least he wasn't saying no anymore. "Come on." I stood up and reached my hand out to him. He took it and fixed his pants. "It wouldn't hurt to try." I used my terrible puppy dog eyes to try and reel him in. 

"I can't-" I cut him off. "Let's go." I shoved him towards the field and I could tell that he wanted to fight back but he kind of just went with me. When we were close enough to the players I gave him a little push and he jumped in front of the coach. I laughed as he gave me a dirty look. "Ahhhh, Mr. Gilinksy. What brings you back onto my field?" He shifted a little nervously and glanced back at me once more before making his final decision. "I'd...like to try out for the team again." The coach raised his eyebrows. 

Suddenly the other team mates noticed that Jack was on the field. "Hey it's Jack." One of the guys said. "What makes you think that I would give you a try out after what you did-" He cut him off politely. "Look, Coach Ben, I know what happened and I learned from that. You always told us that no matter how many times we mess up, we gotta keep practicing until it turns out right. I practiced and I think I got it this time." Coach Ben stared him down for a while and then turned to the other players and then back to Jack. 

"Alright, but you make one more fuckup, you're done for good. Now go long and if you catch this ball, you're in." Jack grinned and started sprinting down the field. One of the smaller guys took a ball and threw it directly to Jack. He caught it with no effort at all and returned it back to number 23. "See you Tuesday at practice." Coach Ben patted him on the back then began yelling at everyone else to line up. 

I ran to Jack and hugged him really tight. "See, that wasn't so bad." I grinned at him. "Whatever." He smirked. His lips met mine with a nice soft kiss before we headed off campus. "Need a drive?" He asked me. "Sure, thanks." We got in the car and the radio turned on as soon as the car did. It was 98.1, of course, but I didn't really pay attention to the music. I was paying attention to Jack as he fixed his hair in rear view mirror and then looked at me. 

I starting chuckling because he wouldn't stop looking at me. He turned around and we started backing out but then he stopped abruptly. He shut off the music and gave me a startled look. "What the hell?" I laughed. "I just remembered something." He said calmly. "I haven't asked you to be my girlfriend yet." He smirked. "Um yeah, I guess not." I turned my body forward and stopped looking at him playfully. "Well, Lilah?" He asked while turned my face to his. 

"Will you please be my beautiful girlfriend? I'd love to be able to rub it in peoples faces." He giggled. "Yeah, I don't think people would really care but yes, I would love to." He gave me a confused look. "Well then fuck everyone who doesn't care, because I sure as hell do." I blushed like crazy. That's when he started backing the car out again.This time, succesfully getting out of the parking lot.