Chapter 16: Delilah

Jack's POV:

I looked out the window and watched her leave. She looked so cute sitting in that drivers seat, disappearing down the rode. I turned around and went for my guitar. I missed playing it. I got her in eighth grade. Beautiful Martin. Coincidentally, I named her Delilah. I don't know why; I guess I just thought the name sounded cool. I never told Lilah this because 1. I forgot about it and 2. I didn't feel it was something worth sharing. It was like my little secret. 

Anyway, I picked her up and sat down at my desk. The wood rested against my stomache as I strummed its strings softly. I felt the vibration through my skin and I started having a flashback.

February 28, 2011 :

I sat on my bed and played Delilah. I was mad. Frustrated about school. Suddenly there was a knock on my door. "Come in!" I shouted. Skate walked into the room and shut the door behind him. "Hey dude. You alright?" He asked. I didn't look up at him.I just kept playing Delilah. I gritted my teeth to try and fight back the tears but they slipped out. "Why the hell does everything have to fall on me all at once. Being bullied, teachers being dicks, parents getting a divorce. Why? Why." I wiped my face with the back of my hand.

"Hey bro. You know you can always talk to me. I'll always be here for you man." He put his arm around me and I smiled a little bit. "I ain't going no where. I ain't." He said as I stared blankly at my wall. 

Reality hit me hard. When I came too I realized that I had a tear streaming down my face. I quickly wiped it away and set the guitar down. I needed someone to talk to. So I called Jack. He immediatly made his way over which was awesome, in my case. "Do you know what got you sick?" I asked him. "Yeah. Skate. He fucking posioned the pizza I ate before we got to the school. Dick head." He muttered. "Wow." I sighed. "Tell me about it. I'm fine now though, and frankly a little hungry." we walked to the kitchen and I made him a sandwich.

"So, how's Lilah doing?" He asked with a mouth full of food. "She's good. How's Jesse?" I leaned against the granite and put my full attention on him. "She's...acting weird. I mean, she's amazing otherwise its just that she keeps blowing me off. Saying things like, "My mom wants to hang out with me today, sorry." Or "I have to clean out the basement with my mom." I know somethings going on, I'm not that stupid." He sat up and went to the fridge. 

"That's odd." I replied. "And get this. I called her house and her mom picked up. I asked her where Jesse was and she said that she didn't know." My eyebrows furrowed. "That's fucked up." I took out a water bottle and drank a little from it. "I'll deal with her later. Sorry about the drama. How have you been?" His small head lifted so that he could see me more clearly. "I've been ok. Lilah left this morning and I've just been hanging out I guess." Johnson paused and then set down his sandwich. "I'll be right back." He got up and walked away. 

I figured he had to use the bathroom so I just pulled myself onto the counter and thought about Lilah. Her beautiful body under mine. The way her lips felt against my neck. It all flowed through my mind but I quickly had to change the subject because my lower parts were rather excited. "Dude, you got your sheets in the washing machine?! Thats gross!" Johnson laughed while walking back into the room. 

"That's not why they're in there you little shit." I laughed. "Then please explain." Jack sat back down. "I smack cam'd Lilah with shaving cream and she wiped her face all over the sheets for pay back." Johnson chuckled and put his dish in the sink. "Lets do something today. Something fun." He declared. "I'm down." I got off the counter and put my hands in my pj pockets. "Good 'cause I've got two tickets to The Heat vs The Horned Frogs game tonight!" He pulled out two tickets from his back pocket and waved them in my face. 

"No fucking way! How?" I snatched them out of his hands and admired their beauty. "I know a guy." Johnson smirked. "When does it start?" I asked. "It starts in an hour so we should start going because of traffic and shit." I nodded my head. I threw on my jersey and some pants and then we headed out. "Bro, can you drive?" I asked Johsnon. "Sure. But you get to drive home so no beers tonight." He joked. "Funny. You know I don't drink dude." He rolled his eyes at me as we got in the car. "Duh, hence my laugh at the end."

I turned up the volume to Love Robbery and went on my phone. I texted Lilah for most of the ride. 

Me: Hey beautiful. How's it goin?

Lilah;): Hi, just dropping Cameron off at the airport:) What about you?

Me: Tell him I said bye and that maybe next time we can officially meet. Johnson and I are headed to a basketball game.

Lilah;): I will. And that's cool. Is it the Heat and Frogs game?

Me: aha yeah, how'd you know that?

Lilah;): I like sports too you know

Me: Wow, now I find you even more attractive;)

Lilah;): You just want me for my looks;)

Me: No. I just really want a girlfriend. 

Lilah;): Wow

Me: aha you know I'm kidding babe:*

Lilah;): God, you make it so difficult for me to admit that I love you, out of all people;)

Me: Yeah I have that affect on people

When we got to the game it was packed. People were shoving each other, laughing too loud, screaming. It was crazy. Johnson and I pushed our ways through everyone to get to the front gate. Once we got in, it was easier to see where we were going. We took out seats and then the game started. About five minutes into the first quarter my phone went off. It was Jesse, weird. I scooted passed Jack and made my way to a hallway. 

"Hey Jesse what up?" I stared at this dude walking by me who had on eyeliner and this crazy mohawk that would scare a tiger. But once he was gone my attention fell back onto the phone call. "Do you know where Delilah is?" She said frantically. "Uh, last time I checked she was at the airport. Why? Is she ok?" I felt a lump start to form in my throat. "Dammit. Ok listen, I don't want you to freak out but I think Skate has her at the school." 

My pulse quickened and I could feel anger build up inside of me. "Can you pick me up at the Basketball Stadium on Warner?" I began walking to the entrance. "Yeah, sure. Be there as soon as I can." Then we both hung up. I got outside and texted Jack that I had to leave for important reasons but he could take my car home after the game. I started pacing back and forth on the sidewalk by the entrance. 

About twenty minutes went by before I Jesse got there. I hoped in the car and I didn't even want to put my seat belt on. "So, what happened." I asked, trying not to punch the window. "Well I called Lilah and she didn't answer. So i called her again but she still didn't pick up. So then I got some weird voicemail- here let me just play it for you."

She tapped her iPhone a few times and then a raspy voice started speaking. One that sounded awfully familiar. "Hello Jesse, I see that you are trying to contact Delilah. But you see, she's kind of....busy right now." There was a slight chuckle and then I heard Lilah's voice. "Get the hell away from me Skate, unless you want become a women." Though I was terrified and worried I couldn't help but chuckle at how awesome my girlfriend is. Then I heard the sound of a locker slamming shut and that's what gave away his location.

"I'll see you soon, I'm sure. And tell Jack that I said hi. Maybe not. I wouldn't doubt that he's on his way too." Then the line cut out. "That's fucked up." I spat. "Just calm yourself Jack." Jesse said. "How can I calm myself when the girl I love is trapped in our school with a guy that is able to harm her?! I don't know what's happening over there right now and I'm not even sure if I'm gonna walk into that bulding to find her alive or not. Skate is such a dangerous person that he can't be controlled or talked out of anything. He's always been like these, even when we were friends. All because of some stupid girl-" Jesse cut me off. "I was that stupid girl...."