Chapter 2: Cameron

When I woke up, I looked at the clock and it read 7:00 A.M. I groaned and tugged the sheets over my face. "Honey time to get up." My mom said from some where in my room. "Ugh mom, I'm tired." I winned. "Well, too bad." I heard my dad say. I threw the sheets off of myself and gave them both a death stare. "I thought you said you were excited." My dad grinned while sitting on the end of my bed. My mom walked out to go make breakfast or something so it was just my dad and I.

"I'm just tired." I sat up and rubbed my eyes. "Well get dressed or you'll be late." He smiled and walked out. I finally got up and threw my clothes on. I stopped in front of my huge mirror and examined my image. Decent. I grabbed my backpack and headed downstairs. I was about to enter the kitchen when the door bell rang so I turned back around to answer it. "Hola." Jesse said while inviting herself inside. "Hold on." I ran into the kitchen and snatched a banana.

"But honey, I made you breakfast." My mom shouted. "Sorry mom, can't be late!" Jesse and I were already out the door. I skipped two steps at a time and jumped into her passenger seat. "Someone's eager." Jesse chuckled while starting the car. "I wonder who's in our classes." I murmered. " 'Who' as in Luke Korns." She teased. "Shut up, I don't like him anymore." I snickered. "Ok sure." I turned up the volume so that the music could fill the rest of the silence.  

When we arrived it was almost like coming back to a home that I haven't seen in forever. Weird. I recognized almost every face from the past years of strolling through the halls. Junior year was going to be epic, I can just feel it. "Hey Jesse, how's it going girl?" Rob, Jesse's gay friend, began walking with us. "Oh hey Lilah, what's crackin'? How was ya'll's summer?" He was such a cutie I couldn't just hate him, no matter how annoying he was. "Pretty chill, how was yours?" I asked. 

"Oh girl, it was fabulous. I went to the beach with Tony and flew out to New England with the fam." Rob wrapped his small arms around his binder and hugged it to his chest. He sported a pair of toms, skinny jeans, and a Nirvana t-shirt with cut off sleeves today. I gotta admit, he dresses better than I do. "That sounds awesome." Jesse replied. 'Well I gotta go, French is this way but I'll see ya'll later!" And then he was gone. 

"Listen, just try and be nice to him for me." I looked at her. "He's actually kind of growing on me." I stated. We walked past this blonde guy obviously checking Jesse out. He smirked at her and she smirked back. "Ooo already hooking up with guys I see." I laughed. "He's hot." She turned around and walked backwards to get another glimpse of him. "Get it in!" I joked. Soon we made it to our first class. English. 

We sat next to each other and examined the people walking in. No one interesting. Once class started we began talking while the teacher figured out our names and such. That class ended and I headed to Biology. Jesse didn't have this class with me but Luke did. And of course he had to sit right next to me. Even though I don't like him anymore he still made me nervous. "Lilah? Oh hey, how was your summer?" He asked. "Eh, pretty laid back. What about you?" I felt like I was doing a good job at keeping my cool.

"I went to Lake Tahoe for a few days but that was about it." I nodded my head awkwardly and sat back in my chair. Luckily the bell rang so I didn't have to keep talking to him. The rest of the day went by pretty smoothly and I had no homework too. Jesse drove me home and when I got there, I instantly walked into the kitchen for a snack. "Hey guys." I said as I grabbed a Fiber one bar from the cabinet. "How was your first day?" My dad asked for my mom. "Good, I don't have homework so yeah." 

I avoided any more small talk by leaving the territory and going tomy room. Right when I got into my living quarters, my phone started vibrating. I closed my door and pulled out my iPhone. I was stunned at what the screen was telling me. Cameron's name was clearly there. I answered. 

Me: Hey Cam, long time no call.

Cam: I know, sorry. So how are you doing sleezball?

Me: Ha! Haven't heard that in a while but I'm good. And you?

Cam: Eh, I could be better...

Me: What do you mean by that?

Cam: Mom and Dad hadn't told you yet have they..

Me: Told me what?

Cam: Crap

Me: Cameron, what's going on?

Cam: Mom and Dad aren't exactly happy with me right now

Me: Why?

Cam: we got into a three way argument over the phone because I was offered to move in with my girlfriend Laura but they want me home. I tried to stand my ground but they aren't communicating with me about it. 

Me: That's bullshit. I gotta go confront them.

I hung up on him before he could say anything else. My parents straight up lied to me last night. I stormed into the kitchen and didn't hold anything back. "Why the hell did you guys not tell me?!" My voice was louder than I meant it to be but oh well. "What are you talking about?" My mom said while placing a dish towel she'd been using on the counter. "That you guys are fueding with Cameron!" I gave them a very disapointed look. "Sweetie we didn't want to get you worried-" I cut her off. "No, you two just didn't want me siding with him so that you'd get your way and he'd have to have to come home and dump his girlfriend!" A tear rolled down my cheek.

"We're really sorry-" I cut my mom off again. "As much as I want Cameron home, he's legally able to do what he wants and I support him no matter what he does." I stated proudly. "Wait, so you talked to Cameron?" My dad asked sitting up off the couch. "Yeah. I did. And apprently so did you. Thanks for blantly lying to my face last night." I walked right out of the room and headed for the door. 

"Sweetie!" My mom shouted. "Just let her go Emily." My dad said calmly. I left before I could hear anything more. And just my luck, it began to rain. But there was no way that I was going back inside that house for at least another hour.