Chapter 4: Jack and Jack

When the class period ended, Jack ran up beside me while walking out the door. "So, I was wondering if you'd like to hang out sometime?" He said right away. "Yeah, sounds cool." I tried to act casual. "Ok well our phone date is still on for later so we can talk about it then." He turned the other direction and disappeared down the hall. Now I was SUPER excited for school to end.

I approached my locker and put in my combination. As soon as I got the rusty thing open, I noticed Jesse and that guy coming down the hall. The weird thing was that he had her backpack slung around his shoulder while still carrying his own. Oh god. "Oh hey Lilah." Jesse said. "Hey guys." I closed my locker a little so that I could see their faces. "Oh hey, I don't think I ever caught your name?" I said to blondey. "Oh I'm Jack." He waved his hand slightly in an introductiary like manner and gave Jess her back pack.

I was kind of stunned but thought it was also pretty hilarious at the same time. "Wait, your name's Jack?" I chuckled. "Yeah. Hey I gotta go, I'll catch you tomorrow." He waved to Jesse and gave me a small grin. "His name is freaking Jack!" I laughed to Jesse. "I know! The irony of it just cracks me up." She began twisting her lock. I opened my locker back up and dug out a few books and then closed it again.

"Jack Johnson...isn't he a total hottie?" Jesse had a look in her face that reminded me of a dog that hadn't peed in 6 hours. "I guess." I paused, suddenly remembering how Jack Gilinsky was now in my math class. "Oh my gosh I totally forgot to tell you!" I nearly screamed. Jesse pulled me to the side. "The hell is wrong with you? But proceed." I nearly jumped from excitement. "Ok so guess who goes to our school?" She knew exactly where this was going.

"No way..." She gasped. "And guess who's in my math class now?" I bit my lower lip and smiled. "Shutup! When do I get to meet him?" We started walking again. "Well we have a phone call date later..." She literally started to glow. "Done, come over to my place after school." I rolled my eyes and then we went our seperate ways.

After school I met Jesse at our lockers and apparently, so did Blondey Jack. "You excited girly?" Jesse asked. "Excited for what?" Jack butted in. "She has a phone call date with her boooooooyfriend." She nudged me. "Who's the lucky guy?" He teased. "Jack Gilinsky." I replied. His eyes almost fell out of his skull. "No fucking way." He looked at the both of us like we were crazy. "What?" I finally asked. "Gilinsky is my best friend."

Jesse and I exchanged glances. "You gotta be shitting me." I laughed. "Seriously, we've been buddy's since freshman year." All three of us laughed as we headed to Jesse's car. "Ha, well I'll talk to Jack later and report to you tomorrow." Johnson then left.

"I'm getting anxious FOR you." Jesse said when we got to her place. "Oh my lord, you don't even know." I replied.

We sat in Jesse's bed immediately. After a minute of staring at the piece of paper he gave me, I began to punch in his number. I put the phone on speaker so that Jesse could hear the converation too. But our deal was that she couldn't say a word. He picked up on the third ring. "Is this Lilah? Lilah the manificent who now has the same math class as me, Lilah?" I chuckled. "Yes this is her." He seemed awfully prepared for this phone call.

"Okay, I saw your number and thought that it was either you or Johnson prank calling me again. Yeah he told me about the discovery today." I looked up at Jesse and blushed. "Yeah, small world." I replied. "Totally. Okay so now would be the time where I ask you about your personality but you see, I would much rather do that in person. I think you should go look out Jesse's window. I'm not a big fan of phone conversations. Also, did you know that her neighbors have a ladder just sitting in their yard, not being used?"

I jumped up and ran to the window, lifted it up, and looked down. Sure enough, Jack was standing there on a miny ladder that reached about halfway up to Jesse's room. "It's not a very big ladder though." He chuckled. "Help me up!" He threw his hands up and we struggled to get him any further than he already was. "Just get my hands to the ledge. I could go from there." He said. We finally got his hands up to the ledge and he pushed himself up.

His biceps flexed and the viens on his neck popped out. I was afraid that I would have an orgasm right in front of him. "So we are officially a party of three." Jack jumped onto Jess's bed. "Wow. I kind of have mixed feelings about you now." Jesse said while studying his perfectly chiseled face. "What brings you here, Mr.Gilinsky?" I teased. "After math class ended, I really wanted to see your beautiful face again but by the time I turned around, you were gone. So I thought, eh we still got the phone date. Then my man Johnson called me up and told me what went down and I knew that I had to come see you again."

He put his arm around my shoulder and I could feel that half of my body, melt. "Oh shit." Jesse said looking at the two of us. "Have you guys kissed yet?" She blurted out. I gave her an I-am-going-to-murder-you-and-leave-your-corpse-to-rot-if-you-don't-shutup look. She didn't seem to get the message though. "Well?" Jack smiled and rubbed the back of his head awkwardly. "N-" He cut me off. "Not yet."

I felt all the adrenaline in my body pour out into my soul as those words removed themselves form his lips. "Oh ok." She winked at me. "So ladies, what's the plan?" He asked with his arm still around me. "What plan?" Jesse asked. "You know, like, what are we going to do?" He looked down at me and I looked up at him. I could feel his hot breath on my face as he inhaled and exhaled. His cute little lips curled into a smile and then his eyes went back to Jesse.

"I've got a shit ton of homework but you guys go have fun." She grabbed her backpack off the floor and walked to her desk. "So what do you wanna do?" I asked him. He shrugged his shoulders and grinned at me. Then his gazed fell towards the window. He went over to it and looked out at the sky. "Wait, what time is it?" He asked, looking back at me. "5:02!" Jesse shouted. Jack backed up from the window and took my hand in his. "Perfect. Let's go." He pulled me out the door without even letting me say goodbye and we went outside.

Luckily, Jesse's mom wasn't home from work yet. "Where are we going?" I chuckled. He stopped at the sidewalk and looked both ways before darting across with me still in his grasp. Holding his hand almost felt natural to me so I didn't want to pull away. "Jack!" I shouted. He just laughed and kept going. We walked a few more blocks before we got to my school. "Why are we going BACK to school? Are you crazy?" I said to him.

"Maybe just a little." He smirked back at me. My heart fluttered like a swarm of butterflies. Soon we were walking across campus towards the baseball field. The school was closed already so we had to walk around the building. We jumped over the fence dividing the soccer field with the baseball field and then suddenly we were walking on the football field. (I know, we have tons of fields at our school).

We strolled to the very center and sat down. Jack stretched his legs out and placed one leg over the other while putting his body weight on his hands. I sat criss-crossed next to him. "So, why'd you take me here?" I asked. "Just wait." He replied. I looked around, expecting something to pop out like a tiger in a thong or something. "I still find it hilarious that Johnson and Jess are going out." He laughed. "They're offcially dating?" I asked in shock. "Johnson hasn't said anything but it's pretty obvious."

I nodded in agreement. "Well, I think it's really sweet of you to-" He cut me off. "Look! Look!" He nudged my shoulder and pointed to the sky. The clouds turned pink and the horizon looked orange. It was so incredibly beautiful. We sat watching the sky darken and change colors. We didn't even need to say anything because it was so comfortable.

"Man, I miss football." He said after a while. "You played?" I looked up at him but he was already looking at me. "Yeah, for the school too." He started rubbing the fake grass between his fingers. "What happened?" I turned my body so that I could face him.

"I got kicked off the team." He looked down at himself in shame. "What! Why?" I felt bad for asking so many questions but I was curious. "Eh, it's a long story. Anyway, I saw your picture in the "hall of fame" today between class periods. You played soccer?" He smiled because he knew he probably shouldn't have brought that up. "Oh my god don't remind me." I laughed. "Why? I think it's pretty hot."

I glared at him. The sky started getting dark and his amazing facial features were getting harder to see. "I really want to kiss you right now." He said suddenly. "Really?" I grinned, already feeling my skin tingle. "Hell yeah." He then went forward quickly and connected his lips to mine.