Chapter Twenty Nine

“Kat.” A low whispered dragged me out of sleep. “Wake up.”

Who was waking me up at this ungodly hour?

I groaned and rolled over to my side, pulling my blanket tighter around my frame. I had a difficult time falling asleep last night. Instead of resulting to Netflix or reading me books, like I usually did, I played around with my keyboard and music equipment. My creative juices were flowing and I just couldn’t stop. When I realized it was almost dawn, I stopped and stumbled into bed, falling asleep instantly when my head met my pillow.

I felt like I’ve just fallen asleep and now someone just had to wake me. My eyes felt like bricks. I couldn’t open them, they were too heavy. I just wanted to sleep.

“Kat.” The voice was no longer a whisper. “Get up or you’ll be late.”

“I don’t care let me sleep.” I muffled into my pillow.

Suddenly my whole body was exposed to the cool air that came through my open window. My eyes snapped open and I sat up, glaring at Evan who had a triumphant smirk and my maroon polyester blanket.

“Do you hate me?” I asked rolling out of bed. “The last time I saw you, we were best friends.”

“And as your best friend, I’m going to make sure you’re not late or skipping class.” He retorted.

“Hey, I was at school for the entire day yesterday!” I defended.

“Yeah but you skipped your fourth period class to go pig out on McDonalds and watch chick flicks in the janitors closet with Sophia!”

“Whatever.” I yawned.

It was 8:00 am. I had forty minutes to dress myself and make myself not look like a zombie or a hobo and to eat the most important meal of the day. Evan instructed that I had twenty minutes to dress myself and gather my things before I eat. He threw my blanket onto my bed and yelled 19 minutes as he walked out my door.

“I hate you.” I mumbled under my breath as I started rummaging through my closet, desperately searching for an outfit to wear.

A few moments later I was wearing my light pink skater shirt, a loose white tank top tucked into my skirt and my signature white converse. My ombre hair was wavy and pinned to the side neatly.

“Kat get your butt downstairs now!” Evan yelled.

Inhaling deeply and rolling my eyes, I shoved all of last night’s homework into my bag. I ran out my room and down the stairs as fast as I can. I tripped on my own two feet when I reached the last few steps. Luckily, Evan caught me before I bruised myself again.

“Awh look who’s all dolled up.” He cooed and pinched my cheeks. “Your pancakes are getting cold and someone took a bite of your pancake.”

I walked into the kitchen and sat on the kitchen island where my plate of one and half pancakes waited for me. I hopping onto the seat and devoured the chocolaty pancake. I moaned in delight. Evan wasn’t the best chef but his pancakes and cupcakes were detectible! I could spend the rest of my life eating his double chocolate chip pancakes.

After I popped the last piece into my mouth I took a swig of milk and quickly went upstairs to brush my teeth once more time. After ten minutes I was walking down the stairs with my denim jacket in my arms and my book bag over my shoulder. Evan was already waiting by the door, typing away on his phone. We had exactly 17 minutes before homeroom began.

“Ready to go?” he asked, looking up from his phone.

I nodded. “Yup, let’s go.”

............