Chapter Sixteen

“Are you beautiful ladies busy tomorrow?” Ashton asked.

Ashton wasn’t a typical high school jock. Yes he was extremely popular, played for the varsity football team, very arrogant and vein and mostly very attractive. But he has this one quality that makes him so different from the other high school jocks; he befriends everyone. Whether you are considered a popular cheerleader or a complete geek, he will always try to make conversation with you. He was that one person in school you could never hate.

It was Thursday morning and Sophia and I were walking around the school to kill some time before homeroom.

“Nope. Why?” Sophia questioned.

“Well I’m throwing a party tomorrow because my parents are out of town and it’s starting to feel like summer so why not celebrate?” he smirked.

“That sounds fun,” I started. “But I won’t be able to-ouch!”

Sophia just nudged my side which now throbbing in pain. I glared at her as she continued to converse with Ashton about the party.

“Don’t listen to her. We’ll be there.” She grinned.

“Cool. I’ll see you ladies tomorrow.” And he walked down the hallway and disappeared into the crowd of students getting ready for first period.

“I am not going.”

“Oh yes you are.” Sophia said dragging me towards Evan’s locker. “Have some fun Kat.”

Evan looked up from his locker and had a horrified look on his face.

“You’re not encouraging her to have sex, are you?”

“No silly.” Sophia giggled. “I’m encouraging her to come to Ashton’s party tomorrow.”

I shook my head. I refused to go to this party. I would be forced to interact with people outside of school and socialize with them. Human interaction and I don’t mix. I would rather spend my Friday night watching my shows and taking care of my sick twin.

“Please Kat. I promise you it won’t be so bad.” Evan persuaded.

“Yes it is.” I said. “Remember you showed up at my house at like 3:00 in the morning with no clothes on except for your boxers and you were drunk?”

His cheeks flushed a rosy color as he sent a glare to me. Sophia was trying to hold in her laughter but she eventually cracked.

“That was so like three months ago.”

“Okay. But I’m still not going.”

“Not going where?”

I turned around and saw Brad and Chad behind us. Brad pulled Sophia into an embraced and placed a kiss on her forehead.

“Kat won’t come to Ashton’s party.” Sophia pouted.

“Oh, she’s coming.” Chad said as he slung an arm over my shoulder. “We need to show her how to have a great time.”

I pried Chad’s arm off of me and stepped away a bit. That kid had a strong grip.

“I can have a great time in my room watching my shows and taking care of my sick twin.” I retorted.

“Just this once Kat.” Evan begged. “I’ll buy you whatever books you want if you come. You don’t even have to stay long.”

“Books you say?”

Evan nodded. His offered intrigued me. How could I refuse to free books?

So I agreed to go to Ashton’s party tomorrow.