Chapter Two

“You’re actually going to Austin’s house tomorrow?” my twin brother, Kale asked. We were both sitting on the kitchen island watching our older brother/guardian, Logan, cook. Our mother died in a car accident and our father abandoned us a few days after her funeral. He usually worked part time at the nearby coffee shop and full time nightshift at the children’s hospital.

“Yeah.” I said glumly. “I don’t want to but I Mr. .Elliot said we have to.”

“Good.” Logan said as he put the tray of his Lasagne into the oven. “Maybe it will help you guys get along so your principal will stop leaving me voicemails about you and Austin getting in trouble.” I gave him a sheepish smile.

“Are you working tonight?” I asked Logan.

He nodded. “Yup. Nightshift at the hospital so none of you can go out tonight. Understood?”

“But I have a date” Kale said.

I snorted. “You always have a date on Friday. Who with this time?”

Kale was very popular at school because of his looks, his charming personality and  he was team captain of the volleyball team and part of the football team. He uses that to his advantage to get whatever girl he wants to go on a date with him. He’s a player, every girl knows that; yet they still want to go out with him even though they know he’ll just break their heart.

“Megan Garfield” he smirked. “I’m taking her out to eat.”  Megan was a cheerleader but not the typical stupid, mean, flirty cheerleaders. She was actually really sweet, and very intelligent. She never went out with a guy unless she was sure she had feelings for the guy. She was a great person who’s heart is about to get broken by my twin.

“Fine. But you have to be home before 11:00 and Kat will call me if you’re not home by then.” Kale instructed.

“Alright. I’ll probably be home before then.” Kale took a water bottle from the fridge and went upstairs, probably to get ready for his date.

“So are Evan and Sophia coming over tonight?” Logan asked. Evan and Sophia were my best friends. They were the only people, besides my brothers, that I completely trusted. Every Friday we would meet up at one of our houses and have a movie night. But this Friday they both had a date, which I didn’t mind.

“You should get a boyfriend Kat.” Logan smirked and starting piling dishes into the sink. I chocked at his comment. It’s not that I didn’t want a boyfriend, it’s just that there’s something about having one that scares me.

After Logan placed all the dirty dishes into the sink, I hopped off my chair and went around the counter.

“I’ll wash the dishes.” I volunteered. Logan insisted on doing the dishes but I just waved him off and told him to go get ready for work or something. He reluctantly agreed and I began washing each dish until they were very clean.

By the time I finished washing all the dishes, the sound of Logan and Kale’s footsteps caught my ears. They both entered the kitchen. Kale’s outfit was completely black; his jeans, his dress shirt, even his shoes. His hair was groomed neatly and slightly gelled up. Logan was in his teal scrubs. He had his black backpack over his shoulders.

“Well I gotta go now,” Kale announced. “I’m meeting Megan at the subway station. Bye twin sister and big brother.”

“11:00.” Logan reminded as Kale left the house. He then took his laptop and other work and shoved it into his bag.

“I have to go now too.” Logan said as he slipped on his shoes. “Have a good night Kat, I’ll see you whenever you get back from Austin’s” he kissed my cheek and shut the door on his way out. I made sure all the windows and doors were locked downstairs and cut myself a huge piece of Logan’s lasagne and went upstairs to my room where I would spend the rest of my Friday night watching movies.

I was in a half asleep, half-awake state when my phone starting blaring Haven’t Had Enough, which was my ringtone. I rolled off my bed and turned down the volume on my laptop that was currently playing The Kings of Summer.

“Hello?” I said rubbing my eyes tiredly.

“Did I wake up the nerd?” I rolled my eyes. Obviously it was Austin considering that he’s the only one who addresses me as nerd.

“No, I’m just tired.” I admitted. “What do you want?”

“Nothing. Just wanted to remind you that you’re coming over tomorrow at 8:00 am, sharp.”

I let out a groan. “Why so early?”

“Because Mr. Elliot said we have to bond for 12 hours.” I let out another groan and this time I heard Austin chuckling on the other line. I glared at my phone, hoping he could feel my cold glare.

“Chill nerd, I don’t want to wake up early too especially since I’m waking up for you. So just suck it up and make sure you’re here by 8:00.” With that said, he hung up.

I placed my phone onto my side table and rubbed my temples feeling frustrated. Our 2 minute phone call was proof that we can’t go a few minutes without insulting and/or arguing with each other. And tomorrow I have to bond with the devil for 12 straight hours?

Tomorrow was going to be torcher.

 A/N: So I guess this story is actually getting somewhere and I'm happy with it. I shall stick with this story until the very end, I promise!! (: 

Sorry for short chapters but I can guarantee that they will be longer as the story develops. And y'all will meet Evan and Sophia very soon, probably next chapter. 

Until then, read/vote/comment and happy reading (; 

- Melissa