Chapter Twenty One

“Say you love me. As much as I love you, yeaah. Would you hurt me baby? Could you that to me, yeaah. Would you lie to me baby? ‘Cause the truth hurts so much more. Would you the things that drive me crazy, leave my heart still at the door?” I sang as I walked down the stairs and into the kitchen.

The smell of chocolate chip pancakes met my nostrils when I entered the room. Logan was already dressed in his scrubs for work as he flipped the pancakes in the pan. I hopped onto the chair in front of the kitchen island and dropped my school bag onto the floor.

“Oh, I can’t help it, I’m just selfish. There’s no way that I could share you. That would break my heart to pieces. Honestly the truth is if I could just die in your arms” I continued to sing as I watched Logan flip the pancakes. “I wouldn’t mind ‘cause every time you touch me I just die in your arms…”

“Awh look at you. You’re practically bursting with happiness this morning.” Logan commented as he set a plate of pancakes in front of me.

“Really?” I stuffed a piece of the pancake in my mouth. “Aren’t I always this happy?”

Logan leaned over the counter and raised an eyebrow.

“No.” he answered. “So why are you so happy this morning?”

I shrugged my shoulders and lowered me head because I knew my face was turning red. Why do I blush so easily?

“Really?” he said leaning closer towards me. “Are you bursting with happiness because you started watching a new series, you’re no longer failing chemistry or you and Austin were making out on the driveway at 1:00 in the morning?”

I chocked on pancake and started coughing. Logan came over to the other side of the island and patted my back until I stopped coughing and able to finish my food.

“H-how did you…”

“I was still awake when you snuck out of the house. When I looked outside my window, I saw you and Austin on the driveway making out.” Logan smirked. “Anything you’d like to tell your brother?”

I finished the last pieces of my pancake and quaffed my glass of milk before answering him.

“Uhm…” I started. “We’re kind of…”

“Kind of what?” he prodded.

“We’re kind of together.” I admitted. “He’s my…”

“Your…”

“Boyfriend.” I mumbled looked away.

He gasped. “Well it’s about time! Congrats Kat.”

He wrapped an arm around me and squeezed me tightly, using his other hand to stroke my hair. I squirmed uncomfortably in his embrace, trying to relieve myself. He cooed about how much I’m growing up and that I’m no longer his baby sister.

“Let go of me!” I demanded and bit his arm.

He released me instantly, rubbing his arm. He glared at me as I laughed at him. I got off from the kitchen island and grabbed my bag off the floor. I bid my goodbye to Logan and told him I’m meeting Evan and Sophia at the coffee shop before school.

“Good bye my not so little sister.” He waved dramatically.

“Good Bye Logan.” I giggled and went out the door.

……

“Aww y’all are so cute.” Sophia gushed after telling her and Evan what happened earlier this morning.

“No wonder why you look so tired but aren’t cranky.” Evan commented.

The three of us were sitting on one of the couches in the coffee shop drinking our coffee beverages and eating sweet pastries while we talked. We were the only ones here plus the two baristas who were having their own conversation behind the counter. We haven’t hung out just the three of us in so long. It felt nice.