f i f t y

45 votes + 300 reads for 51!

Hope you all have a good week.

Claudia's pov
"Oh baby..." I heard my moms voice say, but I couldn't make out where I was. I tried moving, and luckily I moved my finger a little bit.

"I think she's awake..." My moms voice said again. I tried opening my eyes, but the light was too bright.

"Light." I mumbled, but I don't think it came out right.

"What? Claudia please repeat that." She said, now her voice was full. I could hear it fully. I could hear her voice, it was raspy. She was definitely crying.

"Light." I whispered.

"The light it too bright...turn it down." She said and suddenly everything went dark. I opened up my eyes a little bit...squinting. I tried making out where people were, but I couldn't see anything.

"Mommy?" I whispered, and I felt her hand grab mine.

"Sweetheart, I'm right here." She said, and I saw her tear stained cheeks. She was crying...still crying at that.

"My...My baby..." I whispered, and I heard a sob escape from her mouth.

"It's okay, Claudia. You're baby is okay." She reassured me.

"Turn lights on." I said, and that was done. They were on a dim setting. I opened my eyes fully. I saw my entire family in the room.

"What happened?"

"You were in a car accident sweetie." She said and I picked up my hand. It felt tingly, but not painful.

"Where's Erich?" I asked. My mom sighed.

"He's okay. You can go see him soon." She said and I started moving my ankles. In about five minutes, my feet were on the floor.

"Claudia, you need to relax." She said and I shook my head no.

"I want to go see him."

"Claudia he said he wants you in bed, he's scared for you."

"Does he know that our baby is okay?"

"No." She said and I laid back down.

"Then let me go s-"

"Why didn't you tell us you were pregnant?"

"I didn't know until two weeks ago Mom. I just wanted a wait a little bit." I said. She nodded.

"Can you guys leave for a few hours? I'm sorry...it's just that I want to be alone." I said and they nodded.

"We have to leave tonight to go back to Long Island." She said and I sighed. They started to leave. Suddenly the doctor came in.

"Hi Claudia, I'm Dr.Evstein." He said and I nodded.

"Is my baby okay?" I asked and he nodded.

"It's perfectly fine, very healthy." He said and I sighed.

"What about me?" I asked and he pulled up an x-ray.

"No broken bones, but you have many bruises, and a low concussion." He said and I nodded.

"What about Erich?" I asked and he sighed.

"I can't tell you that."

"He's my boyfriend and the father of my child." I said and he shook his head no. I ran a hand through my hair.

"Is it okay if I go see him?" I asked and he nodded.

"By the way, I wanted you to know that Erich put his arms on your stomach, because there's bruises." He said and I pulled my hospital gown up. I saw the bruises.

"He wanted to save me, he's not abusive."

"I know that he saved you. If he didn't do that, you're baby could've died." He said, and walked out.

Oh Jesus.

Erich's pov
I was on my phone, trying to figure out what was happening at the office, when a knock interrupted me. I groaned, thinking it was probably just a nurse or food.

"Come in." I said the door opened. Immediately my eyes met with Claudia's.

"Claudia." I whispered and got up. She smiled.

"Hey..." She said and I got up, walking to her. I grabbed her by the waist and picked her up bridal style.

"If I can walk from your room to mine, I can definitely walk to your bed." She said sarcastically. I laid her down, and she sighed.

"They wouldn't tell me shit, is our baby okay?" I asked. She nodded.

"It's okay, It's perfectly healthy." She said and I exhaled.

"How about you?" I asked.

"Just a small concussion and a few bruises, nothing I can't handle. How about you?"

"A few stitches, a bloody nose, bruises, and a small concussion as well." I said and she nodded.

"What about the trial?"

"They postponed it until next month." I said and her eyes went wide.

"We'll most likely be okay in like a week...why did they do it in a month?"

"Warren has a way with words." I said and she smiled. I laid down next to her, rubbing her stomach. She winced a little.

"I got so scared." I whispered and she looked at me.

"Do you remember anything?"

"I just remember screaming, and trying to cover your stomach..." I answered, and she blinked, tears forming.

"Why are you crying?"

"Because you saved our baby." She answered and I furrowed my eyebrows.

"What?"

"The doctor said that there are arm shaped bruises on my stomach. If you didn't cover my stomach, it could've died." She answered and I wiped her tears.

"Please stop crying my love." I said, and wrapped my arms around her. She rested her head in my neck.

"I'm sorry for getting us into this." She said and I shook my head.

"Don't be sorry, it was an accident. As long as our baby is okay...I'm okay." I said and she nodded. We stayed in silence for a little.

"Claudia?" I asked, and looked down. She was sleeping. Her snores were light, her arms tight around me. I kissed her forehead, then her nose, then her cheek, and finally her lips.

I noticed something sprouting out of her gown. I picked it up a little, and saw the massive bruise on her inner thigh.

I picked it up higher, and saw the two bruises my arms made on her stomach. I took her arms off me, and pressed my lips against the bruises. She flinched, but soon calmed down.

I kissed every single bruise. I almost wanted to cry. She was a strong woman, but I knew she was in pain. It was definitely hard to breath for her.

"I love you Claudia...I love you so much." I whispered and pecked her lips, snuggling into her.

A/N
Something a bit more wholesome to hopefully brighten your day. We're going to hit 50k soon...which is absolutely insane. Thank you all, I'm seriously going to sob. Have an amazing week!-Julia♥︎