Chapter 16

Austin's Pov

 I wake up in the middle of the night to hear Victoria crying. Maxine was snoring, oblivious to her cries. She's so tired. I get up and walk to Victoria's room. I hear her crying dwindle down as I come up to her room and stop dead in my tracks when I see the same tribal woman Maxine and I saw earlier. She was singing a lulluby of an unknown language as Victoria drifts back to sleep. The woman looks up at me, smiles and vanishes in thin air. I break out of my trance and run up to Victoria's crib to see her sleeping peaefully like she never even woke up. I touch one of her chubby cheeks and pick her up and carry her back to our room. When I enter Maxine is sitting straight up half asleep looking confused. 

"Whats wrong?' Maxine asks groggily

"Victoria woke up and I decided to bring her in here" Austin says

"Oh" Maxine says lying back down. 

I walk to our bed and lay Victoria down between us before lying down. In a matter of seconds I hear Maxine snoring again and Victoria's hands in my face. I cuddle her up and drift slowly to sleep.

The next morning I wake up to see Victoria and Maxine not in bed. I look at the time to see it's 12:00 pm. I get out of bed and walk to Victoria's room to see Maxine nursing her.

"Morning" I say as I walk in and kiss Maxine on the forehead.

"Morning" She says smiling

" Anybody needed me?" I ask her as Maxine puts Victoria on her shoulder, burping her.

"No, you need to take it easy today" Maxine says

"But how? I take it easy everyday all I do is sit in my office doing papers and survellience" I say testifying 

"No buts mister, now go watch tv, paint, drink a beer, do what a guy usually does" She says smiling 

"Yes mam" I say jokingly 

She laughs while I walk out the room and walk downstairs and heat up some leftovers. I'm still trying to figure out what that lady wanted. Who is she? Is she harmful? I think these questions as I eat. Jackson comes downstairs with messy hair and no shirt on.

"Dude modesty" I say

"Whatever I got a trophy on my back" Jackson says turning around showing me his back covered in nail marks .

"Dude really?" I ask

Thanks alot now, Jackson. Now I have another question on my mind. Why doesn't Maxine leave marks on me? Am I not that good? She seems to like it. Am I big enough, I'm around 12 inches? 

"Dude you listening? Jackson asks pulling me out my thoughts. 

"To be honest no" I say 

Jackson gives me the face and I give one back before we break into laughter.

"But dude listen" I say turing seriously 

"What?" He asks

"Ok so last night after dinner when Maxine and I went in the forest.." I trail off

"Mhmm and you two walked around in your birthday suits, continue" He says trying to sound professional.

I roll my eyes 

"There was this tribal lady and she said the time is soon before disapearing and then I saw her again when she was putting Victoria back to sleep becuase she woke up" I say 

"Holy shit you need to see a spiritual guide or something" Jackson says fixing a bowl of cereal before sitting across from him.

''Hell, will they know what to do?" I ask jokingly 

"Anyways, Jessica told me about what happened at the grocery store with Lauren, now she has got to be crazy to keep fucking with Maxine. Maxine is going to kill her next" Jackson says

The image of Maxine ripping off her head and hitting it with a baseball bat came into mind.

"I don't know but she's a vampire and we're going to have problems with the locals one possibly" I say

"Eh, don't worry about it'' Jackson says eating his cereal.

Just then Maxine and Jessica walk downstairs. Jessica holding Victoria. Jessica hands me Victoria and sits beside Jackson. Maxine fixes herself some coffee, picks up my empty plate, and go back upstairs. I look down at Victoria who was looking me.

"Hey baby" I say 

I get a giggle in return and some baby talk. She got her mama's eyes but her daddy's chin, an Early gene. Maxine comes downstairs again and goes into the Living Room to clean it. I look at Victoria again and see her still looking at me so I make a silly face and she hits my nose. Let me tell you, that little girl is heavy handed. Everbody laughs including Maxine who was in the doorway. 

"Not funny" I say 

Maxine tries getting Victoria who starts crying so she gives up. I raise an eyebrow at Victoria who laughs.  

"Austin, alpha of the Moonshadow pack, beaten up by a baby" Jackson chuckles 

"Shutup" I say trying not to laugh.

Maxine goes back in the livngroom and finish cleaning it before coming in the kitchen, sitting right beside me. She leans on me and sniffs Victoria playfully. Victoria squeals and Maxine giggles. There my angels.