Chapter 7

(Maxine's pic)

Maxine's POV

I walk to my office to see her looking at my herbs, healing creatures, and medicine. Her head darts my way once I walk in.

"Alright we have a full client list today, I'm going to show you how to make Labrador tea, and were going to the woods so I can show you typical herbs that can prevent a quarter of health issues." I say grabbing the client folders.

"Why not just use modern medicine" she says

"Well A) were werewolves B) is that really safe" I say

She doesn't say anything. I pull out the Labrador tea herbs and get my grinder along with the other items.

"Alright come here" I say. She walks over.

I start showing her how to prepare the tea. As we were putting it in the bags a client that needed a check up comes in. I actually let Lauren help out. After the client leaves we knock out some more.

"Luna, my mate she's in labor" a member comes in with his mate who's trying to breathe.

"Take her to room A and lay her on the bed and put her in this gown" I say giving them a gown.

I go to the closet to get the contraction monitor and hook it up to her I put on a glove and get some jelly and put it in her area. I reach in there to see the baby is far enough.

"Lauren look in the cupboard and get the birth kit it has everything already in there in a plastic case."

"I see it" she says walking back

"Alright now look in the drawer and there's a needles. In the drawer to the left of it there's epidural. Prep her back and give her 100 milligrams.'

I leave to go to the birth closet to get a roller crib. I come back and roll it next to her. The woman's epidural must've started working, she was calmer. I prep her area and put a plastic bag under her.

"Alright were ready for deliver" I say

I sit on the stool.

"Were going to count OK?" I say to the expecting mother.

"Phew OK" she says

"1" I say

She starts pushing

"2, come on" I say

She grunts and screams

"3, I see the top of its head" trying to inspire her

"Ughhh I hate you Matt, you jackass!!" She says

"4" I say

She pushes even harder

"5"

"Ughhh!!"

"6, its almost out"

The baby starts to come out

"7"

Its head is out and the patient is screaming bloody hell.

"8" I try gently tugging on the baby

"9" the baby comes out, its a boy.

I let the father cut the umbilical. I don't know why but I started to think when Austin and I have our first child. Will it be ugly or really cute? God I hope cute or that poor child is going to have it rough.

"Congratulations mom and dad" I say as Lauren cleans the baby. She hands him to his mother as she crys. I signal Lauren and walk out letting the new parents have their moment.

"I know what you were thinking" Lauren says

"What?" I ask curious of her statement

"You were thinking about a future child with Austin." She says

I look at her closely

"You might know what your doing as a sentinel but you won't make a good Luna, I would" she says her voice getting harder

"Ok you need to back down, now" I say feeling threatened

"Watch me" she says before going full sprint upstairs

Where the hell is she going I don't know but I know I need to follow her. I start running after hers staying a distance to see where she's going. I act like I stayed behind and stayed out her sight. She kept looking behind but couldn't see me. Around corners, stalking her like a prey. She's near Austin's door. I hold in a growl. She knocks on the door and I hear Austin's husky voice say come in. She walks in and close the door I hear a click. I walk up to the door and listen.

"Why don't you mate with your real mate alpha" she says

I stop and look through his keyhole crack. I see her sit in his lap and him with a stone face. He mind links me

"Umm where are you" he minds me

"Closer than you think" I mind him

I still wanted to see what she was going to do. She gets down and unzips his pants. She takes it out and strokes it. Ok I had enough. I turn into Scarlet and bust through the door tackling her to the wall. I throw her down as she turns into her wolf. Scarlet was furious. Her wolf tries to bite my neck but I dodge and knock her out the room out the 2nd room floor. I had to put her near death she tried testing me. I claw her eye, stunning her. I jump on her and bite her neck hard enough but not enough to kill her. Don't disobey your Luna. She whimpers and turn into human form. I killed her wolf but not her human. That's worse than full death. She lay naked on the ground unconscious. Haley, Austin, and half of the pack came out. I let out a warning growl and immediately smell respect. I look at Austin who had a poker face on. I look back to see two people put a blanket on her and take her in. Austin takes off his shirt and turns into Blade. I sit down as he walks up to me and nods his head I follow. I was still Scarlet and she was still angry but she knew to calm it down for him. We walk far. I sit down after a while when he slowed down. He turns back and I see Austin's eyes. Immediately I hurl and run to a tree and throw up. I was angry and sick at the same time. I walks up to me and mindlinks me.

"Your pregnant" He minds