Chapter 6

(Lauren in the pic)

Maxine's POV

I woke up the next morning to see Austin gone. I didn't feel like I wasn't in heat either, I felt it. I got up and took up the sheets that smelled like our sex. I put them in the dirty clothes hamper and grabbed some crisp green sheets before going back in the room. I change the sheets and go to the bathroom to take a hot long shower and do my business. I put on some jeans with a button-up. I go to Jessica's room to see her still unconscious so I go downstairs and cook some omelets, bacon, sausage, grits with cheese, and some potatoes. I had the urge just to eat majority of this food but I have to wake up Jessica so she won't starve to death from being unconscious. I fix her a plate and walk back upstairs to her room to see her trying to move. I set the tray down and pick up a piece of bacon and put it in front of her nose, she sniffs. I take off a piece and put it in her mouth, she chews on it a little before letting her green eyes pop open.

"OH MY FUCKING GOD GIVE ME FOOD!!" She says trying to sit up but stops and screams once she moves her back.

"WHAT THE HELL!!" She says

"Jessica calm down, you broke your back fighting those rogues" I say

She looks annoyed before looking at the tray of food..fatass.

"Ok I'ma help you move, ok?" I say in a motherly tone

"Ok mom" she says

I hold her lower back as she moves to sit-up. I put a lot of pillows behind her and set the tray in her lap.

"You don't smell like your in heat anymore." Jessica says chewing on a sausage.

"What you mean?" I ask slightly embarrassed

"Even when I was unconscious I could smell that you were in heat and soon after it started smelling like mating" Jessica said finishing off her grits.

I keep forgetting that she has a better smell pattern than all of us because she's the main hunter.

"Well, how was alphie's performance? She asks.

"Great" I say grinning thinking about last night

"So do you think your pregnant or he beat it up good?" She says smiling

"I don't even know I kinda hope I'm pregnant but at the same time I hope it's the second choice" I say

"Why you don't want to have offsprings?" She says finishing her breakfast.

"I do but I think it's to soon" I say getting her tray.

"Well if it happens it happens." She says grabbing the remote control and turning on the tv.

"I guess. Your phone and laptop are right beside you so if you need anything legit call me" I say walking out the room.

"Alright thanks boo" she says

I crack her room door and go downstairs to the kitchen. I want to try mind linking Austin since he marked and mated with me. I think about him hard and keep saying Austin.

"Austin" I say quietly

"Yes wait, you finally learned to mind link" he says

"I just started thinking of you and you picked up" I say smiling

"Ok though, but what's wrong?" He asks concerned

"Nothing, just asking if you wanted some breakfast" I say

"Yes I'm starving, I'll be in my office" he says groaning

"Ok I'll be there soon" I say

"Ok" he says

I drop it and fix him a big plate and the rest which was the same amount on a plate for me. The food was still hot so I put some aluminum foil over it. I step out the house and make my way to the pack house. I step in and go down the hall to Austin's office. I step in to see him looking at his laptop. I walk up to him and peck his cheek.

"Morning" He says taking his plate

"Morning" I say sitting across from him devouring my food

"Jessica wake up yet?" He asks biting into his bacon.

"Yes and hyper" I say. I look down and see all my food gone already.

"Damn someone was hungry" Austin says

"Its gone so soon" I say

I didn't even notice it was gone. We laugh then I take my plate down to the kitchen. On the way back I stop in the living room where some of the pack are and see Haley talking to Lauren, yes that's her name. Haley see's me and waves me over with a poker face on. 

"Ahhh Lauren as you know this is Austin's mate, and the pack's new Luna." Haley says. I swear I saw Lauren glare at me.

"Hi welcome to the pack" I say extending out my hand.

She shakes it and gives me a fake smile. OK then.

"Maxine she's training to become a sentinel, suppose Maxine could help you, right Maxine? Haley says smiling.

"Sure, I was about to head up there now" I say

"Sweetie go ahead up there, I need a word with Maxine" Haley says. Lauren walks to my office.

"Maxine you smell, off." Haley says giving me a worried look.

"I'm fine. I'm not in ya know heat anymore that's why" I say nonchalantly.

"OK dear and be nice, I seen the glares she gives you. We need her pack's alliance. We need more members." Haley says

"Ok  but if she dares try to question me or challenge me you know its not a happy ending" I say sternly

"Of course dear, you'll be a great Luna just don't let things get to you OK? She says

"OK" I say, I hug her and walk to my office to start this bullshit of a day