ALIVE AND KICKING

"Hey, what's up?" Nat asked Ric as she answered the call.

"So, turns out Elena hasn't been dealing with this whole Damon thing in a healthy way." Nat raised an eyebrow and waited for Alaric to continue. "Luke Parker had been giving her some herbs that made her hallucinate Damon all summer."

"He what?" Nat asked loudly as she walked through the Quarter.

"Yeah, we just found out a few days ago. Anyways, Elena asked me to do something about it."

"Yeah...?"

"She wanted me to make her forget Damon."

"Oh my God..." Nat's face fell at those words. "But what if you guys find a way to bring them back? I mean, didn't Stefan-"

"He gave up, Nat." Ric told her quietly and she looked down. "He stopped looking for them and is trying to move on. Now, it took us some time, but she's already forgotten all about them being in love. Everyone else knows but I just... I wanted to tell you in case she called or something."

"Right, of course. I won't say anything."

"I know you must not agree but I think it's for the best, Nat. She was too dangerous, she was feeding on innocent people."

"I understand, Ric, don't worry." She walked inside the compound and spotted a puddle of blood on the floor of the courtyard. She had just returned from hanging out with Cami and found Elijah looking at the floor with a frown. "Listen, I have to go, but I'll call soon, okay?"

"Of course, bye Nat." She hung up and looked up at Elijah.

"Is that..." She trailed off as she pointed at the blood and he nodded. 

They walked towards the puddle to take a closer look and noticed a trail of paw prints that eventually turned into human footprints. The prints led to a dead woman's body, which was propped up against the fountain. When Nat looked at the dead woman, her face fell. She recognized her as one of the witches of the French Quarter coven. Elijah started following another trail of footprints, which eventually led them to Hayley's bathroom, where she was taking a bubble bath while another body was propped up against the wall next to the tub.

"Come to check up on me?" She asked them blankly.

"You've had an eventful evening." Elijah stated sarcastically and Hayley shrugged.

"I was having a crappy day, so Klaus took me out to the Cauldron. Wouldn't you know, we ran into some witches!" Hayley smirked as she pointed at the dead bodies.

"So, would you like me to remove your leftovers?" Elijah asked her sarcastically as he stepped over the body and into the bathroom. Nat stayed back, suddenly feeling angry at the fact that Hayley had killed those witches.

Hayley rolled her eyes at Elijah's words before standing up in the tub, not the least bit concerned about Nat and Elijah seeing her naked. Nat glared at her, but she paid her no mind. Elijah quickly reached for a towel and handed it to Hayley, who grabbed it and wrapped it around her body.

"Oh, don't judge, either of you. What I did is no worse than anything Klaus has ever done."

"Yeah, well, I hoped that you would hold yourself to a higher standard than him." Nat retorted angrily.

"I'm a hybrid now, and I have a werewolf temper to go with my new appetite. And the witches who tried to kill my baby are worth nothing more than food." Hayley told them before raising an eyebrow at Nat. "Don't worry, I didn't kill your friend, I just left her with a warning. Excuse me." Nat scowled at her before storming out of her room and towards the dining room, Elijah right behind her. Once they arrived, she headed towards the hybrid and snatched the book out of his hands.